[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 22-23

** CHINA. Firedrake check, Dec 22 at 1452: just barely audible on 10400, but
better on 9200, both presumably against Sound of Hope (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. RHC still can`t announce its own frequencies accurately. Dec 22 at
1403 I caught the list on 15370, which included that new frequency but omitted
12000, where I reconfirmed it still existed (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** GABON. Haven`t heard Le Buzz on 19160 lately, or any signal on this harmonic
frequency from 9580, e.g. Dec 23 at 1430. Propagation, or no longer extant?
Others are also reporting no buzz on 4777 or 9580 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** GREECE. VOG, 9420, Sat Dec 23 at 1430 was in Greek talk and later music, no
sign of weekly English show Hellenes Around the World; on vacation? Not audible
on // 17525 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GUATEMALA. Dramatic talk on 4780, Dec 22 at 1410 seemed to be in Spanish,
then not. Perhaps Indian language with Spanish inmixed. Must be Coatán,
scheduled per WRTH 2006 until 1500* rather than PWBR 2007 until 1300+*, and
just about fading out on the shortest day of the year (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. Local hi noise level relented for some reason, Dec 22 at 1409 so
I checked 60 meters before total fadeout. 4605 had some music, surely Serui,
Papua, which per PWBR 2007 runs until 1500*, but unbelievable it`s only 0.5 kW
as shown (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. XEYU, 9599.4, again on air Dec 22 at 1447 check, and again with
guitar music interlude with talk about something in Spanish before and after,
usual het from 9600.0. Not enough punch to be listenable, unfortunately. Also
could hear a het at 2104 and 2113. Julián Santiago thinks this will remain on
air thru the holidays until Jan 2. I wonder if anyone further away, even in
other continents, is hearing it? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND. RNZI-AM missing from 9765, Dec 22 at 0707, unlike -DRM on
9885-9890-9895. Another sudden QSY or breakdown? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

News About RNZI --- AM Transmitter Off Air, 22 Dec, 2006 16:13 UTC. AM
Transmitter is off air with a technical fault. Normal Service is expected to
resume at 0900 NZDT [2000 UTC] (from http://www.rnzi.com/pages/whatsnew.php#187
via DXLD)

See the same page for RNZI`s cyclone coverage plans, and Xmas/New Year
scheduling, mostly National Radio relays during a one-month summer vacation.
5950-AM was on air as usual at 1406 check with detailed weather info. And of
course, no DRM on 7145 despite schedule; good news for the hams. 9765 was back
as usual around 0600 Dec 23 (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WRMI, 7385, with open carrier Dec 22 at 1442; RTE Ireland relay from
WRN came back on about 5 minutes later (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA. José Elías Díaz Gómez, Venezuela, reported UT Dec 22 during the
0500 UT hour that YVTO had been reactivated on 5000, also with a spur on 5100.
I looked for it in the following hour, but could not hear YVTO on either
frequency. WWV was very strong; sometimes YVTO can be heard underneath. 24
hours later, Dec 23 after 0600, I was hearing a third timesignal mixed with WWV
and WWVH, but higher-pitched beeps slightly offset, so hardly accurate; could
not make out any Spanish voice announcements (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Dec 22 at 2107 found a good but distorted signal on 6925, some
NAm pirate on an Xmas theme, but speech stopped just as I was getting it tuned
in, apparently reduced carrier SSB. Carrier stayed on and at 2108 some rapid
rhythmic beeping started, the exact pattern changing periodically; still going
at 2133 and close to 2200. SSTV? Or some other digital mode. I didn`t see any
other log of this in the latest Free Radio Weekly (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Dec 22 at 2112 I noticed that CBCNQ 9625 had some DRM-like QRM,
also audible down to 9620 and up to 9630. Some analog music was still audible
on 9625. But the QRM went off at 2118 and I cannot find any DRM transmissions
listed anywhere near this frequency or time (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007: