[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 25

** CUBA [non]. R. República, 9955 via WRMI, 0655 Dec 25, no jamming, talking
about Jesus, and political prisoners in Cuba. I seldom listen much to RR, but
when I do, not just on Xmas, they sound like a religious station. Is turning
counter-revolutionary Cuba into a theocracy their real agenda? (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ECUADOR. HCJB, 11960, Dec 25 at 1453 with usual very good signal aimed this
way, but now I can detect some squealing, as the transmitter is starting to
decay. YL preacher citing Lucas 2: 34-35, etc. If I had kept listening at
1459:30, you know what I would be saying (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** GABON. RTVG, 4777, 0621 Dec 25, no buzz, but very undermodulated, apparently
in French. Nothing on 19160 around 1445 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KOREA NORTH [non]. Dec 25 at 1437 on 6348, weird version of Santa Claus Is
Coming To Town, with a relentless beat and lyrix presumably in Korean, on Echo
of Hope. 1442 Jingle Bells in another unique version. I trust this portend the
oppressed masses of the workers` paradise are having a jolly Xmas (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NIGERIA. FRCN Kaduna, 4770, Dec 25 at 0619, as soon as I tuned in heard Xmas
and NY greetings in English (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PERU. Am fairly familiar with the 60mb band in the 06-07 UT period when I
frequently tune around, so noticed a signal on 4790 Dec 25 at 0622 which
normally is not to be heard. Must be one of the Peruvians, constantly mixed
with CODAR swishes. Lively singing of some sort. 0645 recheck, demented
preacher in seeming Spanish throwing in ``Aleluya, aleluya, aleluya`` three at
a time, several times a minute. If there was an ID at TOH, missed it, but at
0700 was back in music. Due to format, presumably R. Visión rather than R.
Atlántida; did not try to determine whether this one was slightly off
frequency. Fortunately, Manuel Méndez, Spain, was listening to same just before
I was and IDed it as R. Visión on 4790.2; evidently on late/early, all-night?
for Xmas (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U K [and non]. I knew the main broadcast of H.M. The Queen`s Xmas message
was to be at 1505 GMT Dec 25, so I dutifully tuned in the only BBCWS
frequencies I could hear, altho poorly, 17830 and 17885, but no! The African
streams could not be pre-empted merely for that. Then checked 6040 to Asia, and
not on there either. Later checking the BBCWS online schedules, I find that
1505 was merely the time on the European/internet stream, and she was delayed
for Africa until 1740.

Meanwhile, this page has two different linx to the video version:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6208529.stm lasting some 7 minutes,
featuring low-quality sound, 21 kbps and video with extraneous location sound.
When I paused it, only the sound resumed at 8 kbps, with the video frozen.
Let`s try the video and audio linx here:
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page1.asp

Audio-only runs just 3 sesquiminutes, and embedded WM player claims both
``song`` and ``artist`` are BBC. For starters, she axually buys into the myth
that Jesus was born at Xmas, which even devout religionist scholars admit is
nonsense, and there she is, the titular head of the church! It was hard to pay
attention to the body of her no-doubt well-intentioned message about respecting
elders after such an introduxion (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WHRA, 15665, Dec 25 at 1512 UT IDed as Pulse FM and timecheck as
8:06! Pulse FM is their 96.9 outlet in South Bend, and is also the ``program``
on the WHRA schedule at 1505-1520, obviously a filler. Time check was 2 hours
and 6 minutes slow, close enough? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007: