[HCDX] The Shortwave Report 12/29/06 öListen Globally!

The Shortwave Report 12/29/06 öListen Globally!
by Dan Roberts Saturday December 30, 2006 at 12:17 AM

    A weekly 30 minute review of news and opinion, recorded from a
shortwave radio. With times and freqs for listening at home. 2 files-
broadcast and slow-modem streaming. Free to rebroadcast.
Netherlands, Russia, and Cuba.

Dear Radio Friend,
The latest Shortwave Report (December 29) is up at the website
http://www.outfarpress.com/outfarpress/shortwave.shtml in both
broadcast quality (13.3MB) and quickdownload or streaming form
(3.3MB) (29:00)

This week's show features stories from Radio Netherlands, the Voice of
Russia, and Radio Havana Cuba.
>From NETHERLANDS- In Nigeria, hundreds of impoverished villagers
died when a fuel leak was being scooped up and suddenly ignited- an
eyewitness reporter describes the sequence of events. Doctors Without
Borders consider Somalia too dangerous to remain in, as the war has
escalated between Islamists and Ethiopians.
>From RUSSIA- More on Somalia, giving some background on the
history of US and other countries that have intervened in the East
African nation, which happens to sit on top of rich oil deposits. A
commentary on the several agreements that have been reached but
not implemented regarding the deployment of strategic weapons on
Baltic state territories- the continuing expansion of NATO and its
weapons into post-Soviet republics is alarming to Russia.
>From CUBA- The Committee to Protect Journalists reports that 32
journalists were killed in Iraq this year, the largest number of press
killed in a single country in history. The Bush administration has been
quietly seeding dissent and division in Syria, with the goal of forcing
regime change in the country. RHC did several end of the year specials
this week- this one is about the return to power of Daniel Ortega as
President of Nicaragua- included is some history about the Sandanista
Party and the US financed Contras.

There is an article about the Shortwave Report by Cassandra Roos on
line at- http://www.campusprogress.org/soundvision/780/big-stories-
shortwaves

I was interviewed for an informative weekly radio show Mediageek,
available at http://radio.mediageek.net

All that plus times and frequencies for listening at home. It's free to
rebroadcast, please notify me if you're airing it and haven't notified me
in the last month, please mention the website if you only air a portion. If
you just want to listen and have a slow connection, try the streaming
version- lower sound quality but good enough and way easier if you
don't have a high-speed internet connection. If streaming is a problem
because of your slow connection, download the smaller file- it takes 20
minutes or less, and will play swell in any mp3 player application
(RealPlayer, Winamp, Quicktime, iTunes, etc) you have on your
computer.
This program will be aired on Friday afternoon at 4:30pm (PST) on
KZYX/Z Philo CA, you might be able to stream via
There are several other streams that work better- Freak Radio Santa
Cruz now streams this program on Friday at 9:00am and Saturday at
11am(PST)
The Shortwave Report may be downloaded as a podcast from or
iTunes (search for "shortwave" in podcasts)
Check out the amazing streams at
And the Partytown streams are great and informative-

I hope you'll listen and air this if you're connected with a radio station. I
am still wondering how to get financially compensated for the 25 hours I
put into this program weekly- any ideas are appreciated. Any stations
rebroadcasting this (or listeners) are welcome to donate for production
costs. You can do so through the website. Many thanks to those that
have donated! No Guilt! (maybe a little)
link for broadcast edition-
(13.3MB)
link for smaller file and streaming-

öFurthuR! Dan Roberts

http://zlgr.multiply.com (raidio monitoring site plus audio clips )
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/302315/ (Litohoro) 321199/Tinos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachgr    pictures upload
.
on my main : www.geocities.com/zliangas
-tty-px.html : test of various TTY programs
-ethics.htm    : greek ethics , days and institutions
-frape.htm: the greek way of cofee !!!
Zacharias Liangas , Thessaloniki Greece
greekdx @ otenet dot gr  ---
Pesawat penerima: ICOM R75 , Lowe HF150 , Degen 1102,1103,108,
Tecsun PL200/550, Chibo c300/c979, Yupi 7000
Antenna: 16m hor, 2x16 m V invert, 1m australian loop

Preorder your WRTH 2007: