[HCDX] 75 Years BBC

Maybe of interest?
##############

(BBC WS E-Mail Network)

75 Years
In December, BBC World Service celebrates 75 years on air and this week
we're launching the first series of our anniversary season. Every day for
75 days we'll be broadcasting special one-minute features in selected
editions of our news and current affairs programmes. They'll include
archive recordings from each of the 75 years and cover innovations in
broadcasting, changing styles in reporting and some of the unforgettable
moments from radio and television which bring 20th-century history to life

The series begins in 1932 with Director General Lord Reith's somewhat
restrained launch of what was known then as the Empire Service.

>From 4 October - programme times (GMT) - at approximately 18 or 20 minutes
past the hour in the programmes listed below; 27 minutes past in editions
marked *:
Monday to Friday : World Briefing: 0100, 1500*, 1800, 2100; The World
Today: 0300, 0700, 2300; World Update: 0900; Newshour: 1200, 2000
Saturday and Sunday : World Briefing: 0100, 0900*, 1700*, 1800, 2200; The
World Today: 0300, 0700, 2300; Newshour: 1200, 2000

73,
Paul Gager
Austria

Preorder your WRTH 2007: