[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs January 8

** CUBA [non]. Re DXLD 6-188, R. Martí via ``wacky`` WAQI, 710, one hour a
night at 0500 UT for six months --- in case the price RM is paying for this,
$182,500 did not ring any bells, I now notice this works out to exactly $1000
an hour, assuming 6 months = 365/2 = 182.5 days! Is that the going rate for an
hour at midnight on such a station, or are we the US taxpayers --- spelled u-s
--- getting gouged for this like everything else in the RM budget? (Glenn
Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1343, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. Jan 8 at 1523, Afropop music on 17650 for a change, off abruptly
about 1530:30. Wasn`t paying attention and missed my chance to measure how long
it took to come up with ANO on 17630. But it was already going when I retuned
at 1532 to find two programs in French mixing, seemingly both from same Moyabi
transmitter (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GERMANY [non]. DW, 6140 AM in English, Jan 8 at 0650 with music feature;
0700 IS and news in English as another hour starts. This has been on the
schedule, but I don`t recall hearing it so well (or at all) recently. Perhaps
the switch from Jülich to Woofferton has inadvertently made a big difference in
reception here, even tho it is now aimed due east at 0600-1000. Meanwhile DRM
on 6125-6130-6135 which is now also Wooferton at 0700-0900 (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** JORDAN [and non]. 11810, Jan 8 at 1402 going from Qur`an to Arabic talk;
1511 Arabic music, lo-fi; wasn`t sure what this was till I looked it up, as
Amman. Above-average reception from there, as at 1408 I also found 11690
English pop music at about equal mix with HCJB in Spanish. At 1509 recheck
after HCJB quit, Jordan was OK with even more pop music, flutter, but RTTY
evitable by side-tuning a bit high without narrow filter (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WRMI still has a project for a second 50 kW transmitter in the works,
allowing them to broadcast N and S simultaneously, Jeff White mentioned in an
interview on HCJB`s DX Partyline Jan 8 at one of its many new times on WRMI,
Monday Jan 8 at 1412 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. VOA, Mon Jan 8 at 1417 with Kim Elliott on Talk to America, now
hosted by Erin Fleming (sp?), audible on 17895, 9760 and best on 11655; 1433
John Figliozzi and Rich Cuff on the phones. Reception not so good so I will
listen to the whole thing on the audio archive when I get a chance (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007: