[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs January 10 [more]

** BRAZIL. RNA, 11780, was also active Jan 10 at 2231 check with good signal
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. I had left the FRG-7 tuned to 19160 in the morning, and when I turned
it on again at 2221, there was the ANU harmonic, still propagating, and with
better audio and signal at S9 + 12 dB than seven hours earlier; French talk now
easy to // to 9580. No buzzes (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NIGERIA. VON, 7255, strange hi-pitched singing in tonal language accompanied
by primitive plucked string instrument and some drumming. I might have placed
it somewhere in S or E Asia, but this was the Hausa service from Nigeria; good
signal (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TAIWAN [non]. Enjoyed Jade Bells & Bamboo Pipes, traditional music show from
RTI English to Europe via WYFR, 9355, Wednesday Jan 10 from 2233 opening past
2252 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. VOA`s Classic Rock hour is one of the few big signals we can enjoy on
the caradio between 21 and 22 UT, since 15580 is via Greenville during this
hour only, aimed eastward toward Africa but obviously with a very large back
lobe; listened for a while Jan 10 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA [non]. RNV via Cuba, 17705, heard as usual until 2058* Jan 10, and
did not come back after 2100, so I assume another report of this after 2100 was
one hour off. Rechecked at 2225, 17705 had RHC with Spanish music no
announcements, but presumably Portuguese service, and 2230 into Guaraní but
pronouncing 17705 in Spanish numbers (Did the Guaraní not have such numbers of
their own?). At same time, 11705 was in RHC Spanish (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** WESTERN SAHARA [non]. RN de la RASD, 6458, Jan 10 at 2237 with usual poor
signal with digital ute QRM, but now also with some SSB QRM, I think in
English, on 6459 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. The 2-way Spanish SSB on 15620 heard earlier Jan 10 at 1502-1527
was still, or again going with good signal when tuning by at 2226; same voices
and engine background noise. Must be a long drug-smuggling flight. If really
something illegal, should have given narx plenty of time to DF the signal; are
they listening? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007: