[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs January 11

** BRAZIL. Having noticed Rádio Nacional da Amazônia, 11780, coming on around
0645 the night before, I was waiting for it Thu Jan 11, and it did pop on at
exactly *0645:00 with music in progress. In the past it has been going much
earlier on weekends, and maybe still. WRTH 2007 shows it at 0900-0200. PWBR
`2007`, I now see, does show it at 0645 (approx.) until 0230, but 24 hours on
UT Sundays; does not show power which WRTH has at 250 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA. Altho still on the CBC online schedule, Dead Dog in the City was
missing again for the second week, Wed 8:29 pm local, when checked on webcast
from CBZ at 0029 UT Thursday Jan 11. No clues on the show website, nor contact
info whereby I may enquire. Let`s hope this does not turn out to be an obit:
http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/program/index.jsp?program=Dead+Dog+in+the+City
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. DentroCuban Jamming Command goes wild, allowing pulsing to proceed on
6135, Jan 11 at 0641, almost 7 hours after its target, R. República, finished
its 22-24 UT transmission via UK. Not total force, but at least one transmitter
still going, bothering DW 6140 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. RHC, 9550, Jan 11 at 1408 was out of whack accompanied by big raspy
buzz peaking 10 kHz or so each side of carrier. By 1429 nothing but the buzz
could be heard on 9550 itself, and bothering the Korean language station on
9555. Also, at 1404 the frequency announcement erroneously included 9600 and
excluded 12000 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See also SPAIN [non]

** CYPRUS TURKISH. Don`t you believe the frequency for R. Bayrak I mention on
this week`s WORLD OF RADIO 1343. There was a typo in the report and I failed to
catch it: should be 6150.04, not 6105.04. Tnx to Steve Lare for outpointing
this (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KOREA NORTH. For the past few days including Jan 11 around 1430, 9665 only
with noise, which I think rather than jamming is a maladjusted transmitter
preventing us from hearing revolutionary choral music from the domestic service
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SPAIN [non]. Once again, REE via Costa Rica, 5965, was marred by another
signal, strong open carrier with fast SAH of, I estimate, 15 to 20 Hz, making
it almost an audible heterodyne, at 0647 Jan 11. Cuba is the suspect as RHC
uses same frequency at other times (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SUDAN [non]. Sudan Radio Service has been heard on two Wednesdays in a row
during the 1400 hour on 9660, but no sign of it on Thursday Jan 11, further
evidence that this is a Wednesday-only extension of the 15-18 UT broadcast on
other frequencies (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Never Miss an Email

Preorder your WRTH 2007: