[HCDX] SHDX logs and QRM update from NH-USA, Jan.8th

Sugar Hill mini-DXPD January 8, 2007

Before I get to the logs, I?d like to give an update
of my excessive RF noise problem, now entering it?s
4th month.

Spoke with the electric company representative whose
job it is to investigate potential power line QRM
problems on Tuesday. He was finally able to come drive
around my neighborhood with equipment designed to
locate any power line noise sources.

His exact words upon describing to me the intensity
and coverage area of this noise was, ?Wow. This is a
nightmare?.  Whatever it is he says,  it is coming
over the power lines. The problem is that the noise is
so strong over such a large area that the power
company engineers have to map out their lines in the
area so he can come by, on several more occasions he
said, to pinpoint its origin. It?s that bad.

It?s a step in the right direction but patience,
probably a few months worth, is in order. Looks like I
am going to be 12 VDC DXing from my car for the
foreseeable future.

LOGS:

3396, ZIMBABWE, ZBC, 2103-2134, Jan 8, Vernacular.
Presumed news at t/in. Music prg at 2110 w/ OM b/w
selections. Fair. (Barbour-SHDX/NH)

4635, TAJIKISTAN, presumed Tajik Radio,. 2131-2208,
Jan 8, Vernacular. Wailing vocal music w/ alternating
OM and YL talks. Similar to format which I heard a few
weeks ago. Hampered by USB chatter at 2205 that
quickly turned into a dog pile. Poor/fair at best.
(Barbour-SHDX/NH)

4950, ANGOLA, R.Angola, 2212+, Jan 8, Portuguese.
Ballads w/ YL b/w selections. Weak.  (Barbour-SHDX/NH)
I thought I read recently that Angola installed new SW
txmitters?

4976, UGANDA, R.Uganda, 2001-2019, Jan 8, Vernacular.
Hi-life music and talk b/w 2 announcers. Several
mentions of Uganda. Weak but improving w/ mild
?sweeper? QRM. (Barbour-SHDX/NH)

5470, LIBERIA, R.Veritas, 2020-2034, Jan 8, English.
Phone-in prg w/ studio guest taking listener questiong
re Scriptures. Discussion becomes quite ?heated? at
time! Announcer reminding listeners of station phone
number. Poor/fair.  (Barbour-SHDX/NH)

9705, NIGER, LV Du Sahel, 2038-2102, Jan 8, French.
Phone-in prg w/ music bits b/w callers. Fair.
(Barbour-SHDX/NH)

QSL:  (Forgot about this one. Came in the mail a few
months ago!)

ERITREA, 7100, VOBME, f/d data card with site, form
letter and Eritrean postcard in 671 days for $1 and an
EG report. (Barbour-NH)

Scott R Barbour Jr
Sugar Hill Outlook, Kancamagus Highway-NH
R75, 150? longwire

Have a burning question?

Preorder your WRTH 2007: