[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs January 11-12

** BRAZIL. The night before caught RNA 11780 cutting on abruptly at *0645, but
Fri Jan 12 tuning in at 0644 I found it already on. So much for precision and
pinning down its true schedule (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. RHC, 6000 in English, 0640 UT Jan 12 is using one of the failing
transmitters with its mushy, squealy, sound extending too far above and below
the carrier frequency. Who needs this when we have loud and almost clear //
6180? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KOREA NORTH [and non]. 9665 had the same motorboating sound at 2257 UT Jan
11 as it did some 8 hours earlier, both believed to be maladjusted P`yongyang
transmitter. Fortunately it was not enough to bother Polskie Radio via Guiana
French on 9660 with some nice classical music. That stayed on a few secs past
2300 for one iteration of the modernized IS (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Note recent reports in DXLD 7-004 about an unID around 0900 UT on
6045 Jan 2 and 6: Jan 12 at 0641 I find classical piano music on 6045, G signal
but here and there takes rapid deep fades, such as when brief announcements are
inserted, like 0650, ``Radio ----``, after some Beethoven, into Recuerdos de la
Alhambra on classical guitar; then other brief classical pieces on other
instruments. Slightly overmodulated, same sound as XEXQ has after sunrise when
I hear it, but much more weakly, around 1400 (which I have not lately, nor
later on Jan 12 at 1457 check). Bothered by CVC Chile 6050 after its *0659. KBS
World Radio in Spanish to Europe via Sackville is on 6045 until 0629, so must
be quite a collision then, and 0629-0659 is the best window for XEXQ to be
heard, if that`s what it is. Hunting around the Universidad de SLP website for
anything specific about XEXQ, let alone a playlist, is futile. WRTH 2007 shows
6045 schedule as 12-04, except Sat & Sun 12-24, so this would represent quite
an expansion if running all night now. Certainly gives us a better chance to
hear it when the frequency be clear (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** POLAND [non]. Polskie Radio via Guiana French on 9660 with some nice
classical music. That stayed on a few secs past 2300 for one iteration of the
modernized IS (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. I was under the impression that VOA Music Mix, via VOA SW, 21-22 UT
via Greenville 15580, was Classic Rock at least 5 days a week, but on Thu Jan
11 it was instead a (current) Top 20 countdown, even tho Weird Al made it to
that list (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Have a burning question?

Preorder your WRTH 2007: