Re: [HCDX] African music on 17660 kHz?

Quoting alapiha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Yesterday afternoon I tried to find clandestine "Sawt al-Amal"
> between 17700 and 17600 kHz. I didn't find it, but I did find
> non-stop african music on 17660 kHz. I listened to it about
> 20 minutes. Then sign off without any speaking. What is this
> radio station?
>

> Reijo Alapiha
> Joensuu Finland

I found this info myself:

AFRICAN MUSIC STATION
Transmitter Site: believed to be Moyabi, Gabon.
Times/UTC Days            Format                             Target
                Frequencies/khz
1130-1530     Daily         Franco-African music    North Africa(presumed)
17660
Note: Frequency can be anywhere in the range 17620-17695, but at time of editing
is on 17660 kHz. The
original purpose of this non-stop African music service appeared to be as a
source of interference against
the Libyan opposition station Sawt al-Amal (see Libya)

Reijo Alapiha
Joensuu Finland

> ---[Start Commercial]---------------------
>
> Preorder your WRTH 2007:
> http://www.hard-core-dx.com/redirect2.php?id=wrth2007
>
> THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may be copied, distributed
> and/or modified under the conditions set down in the Design Science License
> published by Michael Stutz at
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/dsl.html

Preorder your WRTH 2007: