[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs January 19-21

** CUBA. The clock is ticking on RHC`s 15230, which has been colliding with
China-via-Canada for several winters now (tho RHC was using 15230 for
sesquidecades before). Still there Jan 19 at 1429 check, and Jan 21 at 1450,
but supposed to switch to 15190 from Jan 22.

RHC had been closing 6000 earlier than 1400 for a while, but Jan 20 it was
still on at 1455 as sign-off announcement played. I did not copy the
frequencies mentioned, which never correspond exactly to reality anyway, but
tuned around the // ones. Ahá: 11805 was missing, so that was apparently the
transmitter which stayed on 6000 instead. However, next day, Jan 21 around
1450, 11805 was back and not 6000 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. Chex of the Afropop music distraxion on its varying frequency: Jan 19
at 1427 on 17640, aside ANU 17630 with similar signal; Jan 20 at 1524 on 17660;
Jan 21 at 1448 on 17650 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTNEING DIGEST)

** GREECE. VOG, Greeks Everywhere was on again this Saturday Jan 20, interview
in English concluding (tho it sounded familiar, a repeat from a week or two
ago?), audible at 1455 on both 9420 and 17525 but 9420 as usual better (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GUIANA FRENCH. DRM test on 21615-21620-21625 continues, Jan 20 at 1531 and
Jan 21 at 1447 with buzz sounding like it`s enough to decode. Unclear what
programming or station this is, as not specified in original announcement of
tests thru Jan 23 toward Mexico City. But that`s beside the point, gee whiz?
I`ve looked thru all the posts about these tests on the DRMNA yg and most make
no mention whatsoever of the program content. Just this from moderator
Christopher in Salem OR: ``Programs seem to be in French, Russian (or other
Baltic language) and Spanish. I'd prefer English, but "we takes what we can
get." (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** HAWAII. KWHR, 9930, at 1444 Sunday Jan 21 with country-gospel music, English
announcement, occasional quick audio dropouts, but no jamming at all. On
weekdays at 14-17 Sound of Hope gets 9930 heavily jammed by the Chicoms (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. XEYU, 9599.4, with a respectable signal now between Australia 9590
and Canada 9610; Jan 21 at 1441 with violin/piano sonata; also Jan 20 at 1459
with Spanish announcement. But still that het from China 9600.0 until 1500
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Preorder your WRTH 2007: