[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs January 22

** CUBA. RHC on new 15190, Jan 22 at 1445, ex-15230 which is now clear for CRI
via Canada, after many months of collision, in the B-seasons. However, 15370
was missing; no loss here, as it has been so extremely strong that it
desensitizes the receiver for a good many myriahertz to either side. 15190,
aimed to SSAm is nowhere near as strong (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GUIANA FRENCH. DRM test on 21615-21620-21625 inaudible Jan 22 at 1605, so
perhaps they left it early as had been speculated; instead quite strong on
17870-17875-17880; 13m propagation was not very good, with 21570 Spain JBA, no
BBC Ascension 21470 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. R. Educación, XEPPM, 6185, again active in the daytime, Jan 22 at
1507 with arts magazine, discussing guitar music, 1508 ID in passing, obit for
a movie producer, etc. S9 +15 and quite listenable, best signal on band at the
time. Altho I can`t say I have looked for it every morning, the last time I
heard 6185 during this time period was on the previous Monday, Jan 15.

XEXQ, 6045, classical music fading S9 to S7, Jan 22 at 1506, no ACI, much
weaker than 6185.

XEYU, 9599.2 approx., Jan 22 at 1602 with classical music. Frequency is
slipping downwards from previous 9599.4 area, instead of upwards to land on
9600.0 where it should really be to avoid hets (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** SPAIN. REE, 17595, at 1607 Jan 22 opening El Vestuario program. When I saw
it on the schedule I figured it was about the theatre, or politics (dressing
room, literally, or cloakroom), but no! It`s about silly ballgames, so in this
sense it must mean locker room. If there is any doubt, their motto is ``toda la
actualidad deportiva, al desnudo.`` Too bad it`s just on radio (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. I think WYFR is the only US station using 49m all day long; Jan 22 at
1555 very weak music I could not // to higher WYFR frequencies, so was not sure
what it was, but at 1559 usual frequency announcements by YL dutifully in
English. This is aimed due south, so not surprising it`s barely audible here.
Scheduled until 1945 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007: