[HCDX] (no subject)

KOREA NORTH   3250.03, V.O. Korea (pres.), 1013-1030, Tlk by M in Asian
sounding lang. w/occas. MOR instru. mx.  Had a very weak signal on 11865
and it did sound // at 1033 w/W vcl song then W anncr briefly at 1034 on
both freqs.  Someone in the neighborhood turned on their TV at 1035 and
wiped out 3250.  Caught the IS at 1200 on 11865.  Also had signals from
2850.05 and 3959.73.  (Valko 4 August)

Never really checked out the CODAR Web site before, but did so a few weeks
ago and was thoroughly disgusted.  I didn't realize these things were sold
commercially.  I thought it was simply for scientific/oceanographic
research and that it would end one day.  It seems not much thought was ever
given to the interference they might cause.  I guess the 4 mhz portion of
the spectrum will never be the same again.  I wonder if things would be
different if the interference was covering the 80 mb instead of the 60 mb.

Haven't been doing much DXing lately due to a number of reasons not the
least of which is the typical noisy Summer conditions.

73        Dave

RX:  JRC NRD-535D, Hammarlund HQ-129X, Collins R-388
Ant:  60 meter T2FD, 60 meter Windom
QTH:  Dunlo, PA, USA

Preorder your WRTH 2007: