Re: [HCDX] Brazil on 120 meters?

Maybe, but Sao Paulo state is pretty far from the border. And did you think
``SP`` after Limeira in the DXW report stood for Spanish instead of Sao Paulo?
The ``cinco y tres ocho`` you copied also looks like it could have really been
a 5:38 timecheck in the UT -6 zone. Haven`t you previously heard a Central
American, Guatemalan? harmonic on 2380?

73, Glenn Hauser

--- RobtWilkner <rlcw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Except that some of the stations in Bolivia and Brasil seem to have programs
> in both Portuguese and Spanish  rlcw
>
> BRAZIL
> 2379.86, UNID, 0120-0145, Nov 01, Portuguese, weak. (Wilkner). R Educadora,
> Limeira,
> SP, is regularly heard in Brazil on this frequency. (Ed)
>
> _DX Window 337_
>
> ** BRAZIL. 2379.95 [tentative], Rádio Educadora, Limeira at 2310 to
> 2340 UT vocal with lyrics "Yo no ..en progresso ...no voy.. en los
> ojos .." OM locator [sic] and many romantic songs," ..en el aire, mi
> corazón ... América..." and "en el edificio local .. semana próxima
> cinco y tres, ocho .. en el centro.." 4 Dec (Bob Wilkner, FL, DXplorer
> Dec 7 via BC-DX via DXLD)
>
> ?? More likely a closer harmonic, 2 x 1190v. For starters, a Brazilian
> would be speaking Portuguese, not Spanish. I`m surprised several other
> DX bulletins have published this without remark (gh, DXLD)

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Preorder your WRTH 2007: