Re: [HCDX] Radio St. Helena

Well by 1915  or so signal was fine and increased after the afternoon
progressed (and their beam came closer around to us).  Great signal to
levels over S9 with no background noise and the only occasional data burst.
Maybe just here in western canada but right around 2330 their signal took a
major dive - S9 to almost nothing - as they turned the antenna?  In theory
they were turning more towards us at that time.   It was also close to local
sunset too.  Anyone else notice this big drop?

Don
VE6JY

On Dec 15, 2007 7:14 PM, Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Signal detected here just before 1730 sign on, but difficult copy, music
> more  discernable of course. I've recorded the audio but wasn't paying too
> much attention to the signal from s/on to now - at 1900 some better but
> still not comfortable copy.   I have the log periodic aimed east from here
> but when I saw Micks comment about 225 degrees I turned the antennea the
> full 360 degrees to see if there was a better path, but while there was a
> signal in the SW area, east seemed a bit better at this time anyway.  But
> still only S1 and the signal only shows a small blip on the screen of the
> Icom 7800.
>
> Don Moman
> Lamont, Alberta
>
>   On Dec 15, 2007 5:54 PM, Mick Delmage <ve6idx@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >  First detected music at 1740 UTC Dec 15/07 on 11092.5 kHz.  At 1748
> > Female and male chatting.  Just above threshold.  KLM Log Periodic Beam
> > pointed at 225 degrees.
> >
> > RSH ID heard above noise at 1750 UTC.  Signal building so should be good
> > when it our turn here in North America.  At 1751 the tune Locomotion.
> >
> > 73
> > Mick Delmage
> > Sherwood Park, AB
> > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> > 12/15/07 12:00 PM
> >
> > ---[Start Commercial]---------------------
> >
> > Preorder your WRTH 2007:
> > http://www.hard-core-dx.com/redirect2.php?id=wrth2007
> >
> > THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may be copied, distributed
> > and/or modified under the conditions set down in the Design Science
> > License
> > published by Michael Stutz at
> > http://www.gnu.org/licenses/dsl.html

Preorder your WRTH 2007: