Re: [HCDX] Chad 4905

Hello everone,

a very nice surprise to see Radio N'djamena back on its old frequency!!

Signal is great, and modulation is excellent! Until 1900 UTC superb
traditional music.

I resumed DXing a few weeks ago, after a pause of about 10 years.
Noticing that so many African state broadcasters have disappeared from
the tropical bands (Yaoundé, Garoua, Douala, Lomé, Abidjan, Cotonou,
Gaborone, Maseru, Nairobi... to name but a few) made me feel quite
nostalgic.

Seeing N'djamena back on 4905 kHz (wasn't it 4904.5 kHz?) is a gleam of hope!

At about 1901 UTC there was an interruption in the signal of about a
minute or so... Now they are back on 4905 kHz in French! Great!!!

73
Kai Willner
Germany

Lowe HF-150
Wellbrook ALA-1530 active loop antenna (indoors)

On Dec 20, 2007 5:31 PM, Jari Savolainen <jari.savolainen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 20 Dec 2007 noted Chad, RNT N'Djamena on
> 4905 at 1627. French program, into Arabic at 1700.
> Strong signal, blocking the Chinese station
> on this frequency.
> Jari Savolainen
> Kuusankoski
> Finland