[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 21-23

** ALBANIA. R. Tirana, 7430, VG with instrumental music, Dec 21 at 2124. This
is scheduled English to Europe but there were no announcements at all before
2127:30*, having cut to the RT theme music at 2127. Meanwhile, I again looked
for the // 9915 to NAm, but not a trace of even a carrier there. Not much else
from Europe audible on 31m, either; Greece [q.v.] poor on 9420, but also VG
signals on 40m (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EGYPT. Looking for the latest sensation, Nile Valley Radio on 9250, Dec 21
at 2126 and again 2145: barely a trace of a carrier here. Not much was
propagating from Eu/ME at that hour on that band, Greece poor on 9420 (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GREECE. ERT had very strong S9+25 signals on its two 40m frequencies, Dec 21
at 2122, but both were badly undermodulated: 7475 barely modulated at all, but
7450 considerably better (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** RUSSIA. 6075, at 1359 Dec 23, in 49m bandscan I noticed a somewhat rumbly
signal from Pet-Kam, but something even stranger at 1400-1401: a Morse code
message, ending in K. This was tone modulation, not carrier on-and-off,
presumably from the 6075 transmitter just before it did go off a minute later.
It was sent at quite a slow rate, and I might have been able to copy it if I
had not been taken by surprise and my attention split (CBS Sunday Morning was
just starting!). Let us try again for this strange anomaly and decode what they
are saying, probably in Russian involving Cyrillic code characters (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WWCR-1 was still on 15825 instead of 7465, during the correct WORLD
OF RADIO 1387, Friday Dec 21 at 2130. After 2200, again on Friday Dec 21,
Frecuencia al Día instead of Mundo Radial (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

WWCR-2, with DGS, stayed on 5935 well past its scheduled switch to 13845 at
1400, Dec 22: still going at 1419, but not at 1457 recheck, so made the change
sometime between those hours.

Also on 5890 with WWCR-4, PPP, at 1419, but this one lasts until 1600
currently. BTW, remark in previous report about Adam Lock on the Power Hour had
him one hour too early; that was up until hourtop 1500 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST) ###

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Order your WRTH 2008: