[HCDX] Logs from NH-USA, Dec 24-26

ECUADOR, 3810L, HD210A, 0152+, Dec 26, Spanish. Time
station battling for dominance w/ co-channel amatuer
radio ops. Fair. (Barbour-NH)

BOLIVIA, 4699.35, R.San Miguel, 1028, Dec 26, Spanish.
OM and YL w/ announcements, complete w/ barking dog
sound effects, and brief musical bits. Poor/fair.
(Barbour-NH)

MAURITANIA, 4845, R.Mauritanie, 0236-0303, Dec 25,
Arabic/English. OM in AR hosting what appeared to be a
pop music countdown, featuring songs in both English
and Arabic. Into announcers w/ vox effects over tinny
stringed instruments from 0255 thru t/out. I don' t
monitor Mauritania regurlarly, but when I do I have
never heard pop music in any language. Fair/good.
(Barbour-NH)

VENEZUELA, 5000, YVTO, 0142+, Dec 26, Spanish.
Venezuelan time station heard under co-channel WWV w/
"Observatorio Cagical, Caracas Venezuela" IDs
mentioned twice, followed by UTC, each minute. Fair
listening in ECCS-USB. (Barbour-NH)

BURMA/MYANMAR, 5040.61, R. Myanmar, 1152-1206, Dec 24,
vernacular. Female announcer b/w "wailing" vocal
ballads and flutes. Wind instruments at 1200, OM until
music returns at 1205. Poor under band noise and het
presumably from 5039v-R.Libertad. (Barbour-NH)

Scott R. Barbour Jr.-Intervale,NH USA
R8,R75,NIR10,MLB1,200'Beverages,60Mdipole

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Order your WRTH 2008: