Re: [HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 26-28

Chad was always reported on 4904.5

Paul

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Hauser" <wghauser@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <dxld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <swl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 4:29 PM
Subject: [HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 26-28

** CHAD. I`ve heard it too, no doubt, RNT reactivated on 4905: best 60m
signal
by far outside NAm, Dec 26 at 0605-0620, mostly talk in uncertain language,
maybe part Arabic, part French, with bits of music. Nothing resembling an ID
heard. Mauritania might have competed if it were audible on 4845.
Furthermore
the `4905` signal was a smidgin below frequency as others have reported
minus
30-40 Hz or so; while I couldn`t be precise to two decimal places, I could
tell
it was off, using the YB-400 simply by zeroing the BFO on WWV, and then
stepping from 4905 up and down 1 kHz. The het at 4904 was noticeably lower
in
pitch than at 4906 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [non]. Tnx to a tip from Giampiero Bernardini, R. República heard on
reactivated 6185 at 0240 check Dec 28 over DentroCuban Jamming Command. Must
be
a fairly recent change, and we can say goodbye to any chance of hearing R.
Educación, México during this bihour. RR started B-07 on 6100 at 02-04, and
was
there the last time I checked, having forced Vatican via Canada to move to
6040
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MAURITANIA. R. Mauritanie seems back up to full strength after missing a
few
weeks, or on but with low modulation per other reports. Dec 27 at 0625,
found
4845 with OM vocal chants predominantly at a single pitch, shifting
irregularly
up or down a note. 0631 announcement by YL and the chanter (or someone
else?)
speaking for a moment, then choral music. Roughly same level as Chad 4905.
However, Ndjamena is much further east than Nouakchott, by 31 degrees of
longitude, so propagation from 4845 should hold up about two hours longer
than
4905. Nouakchott is 16 degrees west long., which should really put it in the
UT
-1 timezone. It is further west than any part of Ireland, let alone
Portugal,
lines up with eastern Iceland (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. KAIJ remains off the air from 9480 and 5755. On Dec 27, GM George
McClintock told me that the owner of Two If By Sea, Mike Parker, has not
informed him of his intentions for KAIJ, but he is currently working on
higher
priority projects. He has not revealed to anyone when it will return to the
air.

George adds that it`s sad that KAIJ is off SW, since it was so successful in
Asia, getting a lot of mail for broadcasts in English, including from people
in
China well-educated in English, and was just starting to broadcast in
Mandarin.
George is not aware of any imminent sale of the station, despite rumors
about
this.

For the time being the webcast is still running, altho it may not be
updated.
WOR 1386 ran Thu Dec 27 at 1600 instead of the new 1388, or even last week`s
1387, but they have agreed to put the latest WOR on successive webcasts,
such
as Fri 1200 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. The heavy Cuban-style grind jamming is still going on 15710
whenever checked in the daytime, such as Dec 26 at 1504. And also before
1500
Dec 28. Surprised I am the only one reporting this. The question is, what
are
they jamming? A new clandestine, or a new daytime frequency for Radio
República? Possibly those closer to Cuba in the skip zone would get more of
the
target, if there really is one, and less of the jamming (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX
LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.