[HCDX] AIR 5015, Possibly XERTA 4800

INDIA  5015  AIR Delhi  1219 IS, then nice EG ID by W at 1220 sounding like
"This is the ?? channel  of All India Radio, on ?? meters, 4,860 kilohertz.
We feature now the news summary from the post".  Then into EG nx by W.
//4860.  Fair.  (29 Dec.)

MEXICO??  4800  XERTA (pres.) 1102-1154  Apparently testing on the NF.
intermittent audio w/non-stop mx.  Sounded like LA mx style at t/in, but
definitely MOR orch. mx at 1122.  No anmnts.  1130 odd mx, then what sounded
like Herb Alpert at 1131.  1134-1136 "Jinglebell Rock".  Longer deadair
1137-1141.  Came back at 1151 and found poss. promo w/canned tlk by M anncr
ending w/what certainly sounded like XERTA.  Poor audio quality and frequent
audio cut-outs were annoying.  Decent strength but rumbling carrier seemed a
little distorted.  Sounds like a UTE trying to broadcast.  CODAR QRM.  (29
Dec.)

Seemed like a good LA morning but unfortunately I got to the rx too late.

73                   Dave

Order your WRTH 2008: