[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs February 4

** CHINA. Firedrake against Sound of Hope, Feb 4 at 1452 was audible on 10400
// 9200 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON [and non]. Feb 4 at 1500 check, Afropop music distraxion was on 17660,
ANU on 17630 mixing with CRI; also RFI Issoudun on 17620 with CCI from
something, presumably RDPI Portugal which is scheduled to collide on weekends
only (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GREECE. Announcers screaming in Greek, presumably inspired by spor, Sunday
Feb 4 at 1445 on 9420, which had not been audible 24 hours earlier; this time,
nothing heard on 15630 or 17525 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NETHERLANDS. As I tune around, I often run across RNW in Dutch on SW, but
never seem to hear any serious, even classical music. So I look at their
program schedule. There is Nederlands Concertpodium, which is dedicated to
classical music! It so happens it is not on SW, but scheduled on satellite and
internet twice weekdays: M-F at 19-21 UT, and repeated Tu-Sa at 01-03 UT, both
one UT hour earlier during DST. Non-specific details and listen linx at
http://www.wereldomroep.nl/gids/radio/overzichtprogrammas/nederlands_concertpodium

Another good one should be Canta América, Sun 18-19 and Mon 01-02:
http://www.wereldomroep.nl/gids/radio/overzichtprogrammas/canta_america

[Later: axually listening to this on Feb 4 starting at 1803, I find it`s oldies
in English, so it must be America, not América --- silly me, I thought it would
be Latin American music; so, never mind. We have enough of the Everly Brothers,
etc. already; or is this an aberration? Canta, after all, is a Spanish word.
BTW, RNW`s live stream in Dutch labeled mp3 is really Real!]

Both are also available ondemand, podcasts. While I am at it, may as well check
out other RN languages, such as Portuguese, which has been totally gone from SW
for many years, and I find:

Concerto Semanal --- Clique para ouvir ou baixar o programa mais recente: Real
Player  Windows Media   MP3 low   MP3 high (parceira)

Durante cerca de uma hora, o programa Concerto Semanal leva até o ouvinte um
repertório internacional, do barroco à música contemporânea, através de
gravações realizadas ao vivo no Concertgebouw de Amsterdã com as melhores
orquestras da Holanda, quartetos, orquestras de câmara, além de grandes nomes
de solistas e regentes.

Entre os maestros estão holandeses de renome, como Bernard Haitink, Ed
Spanjaard e Reinbert de Leeuw. Também são apresentadas gravações de concertos
sob a regência de outros grandes dirigentes, como Vassily Sinaisky, da Rússia,
e Ingo Metzmacher, da Alemanha. Em 1º de setembro de 2004, o Concertgebouw de
Amsterdã apresentou ao mundo seu sexto maestro titular, desde a sua criação em
1888. Trata-se de Mariss Jansons, nascido na Letônia em 1943.

O Concerto Semanal, com produção e apresentação de Eny Sacchi, é transmitido
toda terça-feira, das 14 às 15 horas UT. Na quarta-feira, no mesmo horário, o
programa é reprisado. Uma hora depois da transmissão por satélite, fica
disponível nesta página.

So we do get to hear weekly Concertgebouw concerts, on the Portuguese service,
scheduled Tue 14-15 UT, repeated Wed 14-15. Axually, I can`t find any webstream
info for the Portuguese service, and suspect that the times apply only to
satellite feeds for relay by partner stations in Brazil, but we can still hear
it on demand, at least, starting one hour later from
http://www.parceria.nl/programas/Concerto/rnw_concertosemanal

Unlike the 2-hour daily Dutch concert block, this page gives full details of
the musical content, even in advance for the rest of the month. In Dutch, The
Concertgebouw is mentioned only in connexion with those Wed/UT Thu broadcasts.

In Spanish, dedicated to classical music, there is only Podium Neerlandés, Mon
& Wed 1535-1634 UT, not on SW, but like all shows, on demand via
http://www.informarn.nl/audio/audio_archivo_semanal
Altho the archive page shows it Mondays 1525-1624, presumably outdated as there
is now a weekdaily press review at 1528-1535. This show does not seem to have
its own webpage with any further info.

These are in the latest update to Monitoring Reminders Calendar (Glenn Hauser,
OK, Feb 3, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. On 11345, Feb 4 at 1454 as I was bandscanning, heard mix
of WEWN 9955, which was super-strong as usual, and local KCRC 1390 a few miles
away, i.e. 9955 plus 1390. Since I was getting this on two different receivers,
FRG-7 and YB-400, I think this is an external mixing product, somewhere in
Enid, perhaps at the KCRC transmitter itself. Maybe they need to install traps
for 9955! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TURKEY. VOT IS was heard once at 1456 Feb 4 on 11735 until cut off. This
frequency is supposed to close half an hour earlier after the English
broadcast! In the past I have noticed it stayed on by mistake past 1430 with
another language, and this time it appears to have stayed on for the entire
broadcast, probably Kyrgyz supposed to be on 9655, or Bosnian on 9525. Wolfgang
Büschel has also noted VOT running wrong languages on wrong frequencies at
wrong times (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U K [non]. Some schedules insist that BBC WS in Spanish at 03-04 is via WHRI
on 6110 and 7315. Notably BBC`s own page not updated since Dec 15,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/spanish/tuning_in/newsid_4294000/4294086.stm
But it`s only on 6110, as confirmed here before and after 0330 UT Feb 4; 6110
from Angel 2 had a good signal in BBC Spanish, while 7315 Angel 1 was JBA with
LeSEA`s own English programming, Top 20 Countdown. And the WHR online schedule
now agrees with this. So was BBC ever really on 7315?

No WHRI frequencies are shown either for the BBCWS morning broadcast in Spanish
at 1000-1230 which initially was on 7315, and then 5835 during the first hour
only. The 6110 BBC transmission is at 173 degrees, appropriate for Cuba and
beyond, despite the map at http://www.whr.org/index.cfm/fa/chooseSchedule
showing Angel 2 is not for anything S of the USA (Glenn Hauser, OK, Feb 3, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA [non]. RNV via RHC, except it was really RHC itself filling time
as usual on Sunday morning, Feb 4 at 1504 with promo about the Feb-Mar
international book fair in Cuba. How can you have a book fair in a country with
no freedom of the press? Chutzpah!! 1505 announcer saying they are still
hoping/waiting to hear from Chávez; meanwhile playing another RHC program to
fill, ``Somos Jóvenes``. Best by far on 13750, with the other four weak and/or
interfered: 11670, 11875, 13680, 17750. But I think 13750 is the one aimed this
way (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Get your own web address.

Preorder your WRTH 2007: