[HCDX] 6140 DWL English

'Stinginess is cool' - says a German commercial slogan.

Thanks to a tip of Edwin Southwell via Dave Kenny-UK -- DWL seemingly ceased
English SW outlet to EUR on 6140 kHz, nothing heard this morning. Former
0600-1000 and 1300-1600 UT outlets via Woofferton England 300 kW 90 degr in
direction of Brussels, Frankfurt, Prague, Moldova. That transmission covered
about 20 European countries and their English speaking audience.

Usage of SW transmitter site DTK T-systems Nauen near Berlin by DWL will end
April 30th, 2007y.

>From May 1st, 2007y predominant usage of SW transmitter units of British VT
Communications (VTC) by DWL. Former Nauen schedule will be switched to
facilities in Ascension Isl, Al Dhabbaya-UAE, mostly to Rampisham 18 x
500kW, Skelton and Woofferton in England, as well as DWL sites in Sines-POR
and Kigali-RRW.

DWL DRM programmes carried then by a new 100 kW unit at VTC Woofferton from
March 25, 2007y.
Other DWL DRM transmissions via facilities in Moosbrunn-AUT (ORS),
Moscow-RUS, Sackville-CAN, and Sines-POR.

73 wb

> Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 4:49 PM
> Subject: [BDXC-UK] Germany/UK - DW English 6140 kHz gone?
>
>  Edwin Southwell mentioned at the Reading DX Meeting on Saturday that
>  he had not been able to hear Deutsche Welle's English service to
>  Europe on 6140 kHz since 31st January. Until then reception was fine.
>  Since 1st February, nothing.
>
>  I have done some spot checks for the past couple of days between
>  1300-1600 UTC and have also been unable to hear any trace of DW
>  English on 6140 kHz.
>
>  According to the schedule on DWs web site, 6140 is still scheduled
>  in English via Woofferton at 0600-1000 and 1300-1600 UTC.
>
>  More cutbacks, strange propagation, or a mistake by VT
>  Communications?
>  Dave Kenny
>  Caversham
>  AOR7030+ 80ft LW