[HCDX] WUG-231 and Armed Forces Day Communications Test 2007

This is a reminder of this event coming up next weekend. For those who may
not be familiar with it, here is some info in a nutshell:

The Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard are co-sponsoring
the annual military/amateur radio communications tests in celebration of the
57th Anniversary of Armed Forces Day (AFD). Although the actual Armed Forces
Day is celebrated on Saturday, May 19, 2007, the AFD Military/Amateur
Crossband Communications Test will be conducted 12 May 2007 to prevent
conflict with the Dayton Hamvention (18-20 May 2007), which is the same
weekend as the actual Armed Forces Day.

The annual celebration features traditional military to amateur cross band
communications SSB voice tests and copying the Secretary of Defense message
via digital modes. These tests give Amateur Radio operators and Short Wave
Listeners (SWL) an opportunity to demonstrate their individual technical
skills, and to receive recognition from the Secretary of Defense and/or the
appropriate military radio station for their proven expertise. QSL cards
will be provided to those stations making contact with the military
stations. Special commemorative certificates will be awarded to anyone who
receives and copies the digital Armed Forces Day message from the Secretary
of Defense.

I am the QSL manager for and will be one of the operators for one of the
stations participating in the event: WUG-231. Here are the details of our
operation:

STATION: WUG-231 (12 May 1300Z - 13 May 0200Z)

Frequency                     Emission           Amateur Band

4032.9 kHz                    LSB                  80M

7.360.0 kHz                   LSB                  40M

6.826.0 kHz                   LSB                  40M

14486.0 kHz                  USB                 20M

14663.5 kHz                  USB                 20M

20973.5 kHz                  USB                 15M

We will be operating from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers W.G. Huxtable
Pumping Plant near Marianna, Arkansas. As an added "extra," I will be
providing special QSL cards that will only be available for SWL reports. No
return postage is necessary and you may send them to me at the postal
address below, or via e-mail at jpogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The postal address is:

Jim Pogue

AFD Test 2007

P.O. Box 3777

Memphis, TN 38173 USA

Finally, here is the link for full details on the other stations
participating in this year's tests.

http://www.netcom.army.mil/mars/docs/ARMEDFORCESDAYFinal.doc

Thanks, and I hope to get lots of reports from my fellow SWLs.

73s, Jim Pogue/KH2AR

Preorder your WRTH 2007: