From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Scott Fybush
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 4:25 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Arabic? on 1430 - not CHKT

Jim Pogue wrote:
> During a DXpedition in February I logged a station on 1430 at 0420 EST
with
> what I think was Arabic programming. I thought CHKT also carried
> multi-lingual programming at times but International Director Esther Kwong
> at the station listened to my recording and said no, it was not them .
they
> are all Chinese. Anyone have any ideas about who it might have been? It
was
> a pretty strong signal so I don't really think it was from the West coast.
> Thanks. I'll be glad to post a clip if anyone wants to give a listen.

DXpedition to where? A few big-city candidates that may or may not have
been carrying something in (or sounding like) AA would be WNSW-NJ,
WEEF-IL and KMRB-CA. KMRB is all Chinese, so probably not them. WEEF is
a mix of Italian, Assyrian, Romanian, and who knows what. I think WNSW
is mainly Korean. That's about it for anything ethnic on 1430, except
for Vietnamese on KVVN-CA and misc Asian on KJAY-CA.

Preorder your WRTH 2007: