[HCDX] European loggings from Kremenchuk, Ukraine

As always, Vlad Titarev did much to facilitate my visit to Ukraine.  We spent a wonderful evening at his inner city oasis in the central Ukrainian city of Kremenchuk.  He has one of the most impressive dx shacks that I've ever seen along with a decent urban antenna farm.  The morning of the 4th of July, I was able to briefly dx using his AOR 7030/laptop combination.  The results are listed below.  Thanks, Vlad!

ABKHAZIA 9495.58, 0510-, Radio Apsua Jul 04 Abkhazia is normally spot-on 9494.75 and indeed they were there before 05:00, but when I rechecked, they had moved up to this frequency.  The usual somewhat distorted signal was heard in Russian.  Local announcements for Sochi heard at 06:07, and weather at 06:09.  Always a fascinating station to monitor with their old 5kw jamming transmitter.  They sure could use cleaner modulation, though!. (Salmaniw, Kremenchuk, Ukraine)

BAHRAIN 9745, 0510-, Radio Bahrain Jul 04 I've finally heard this station!  No doubt it was them, but unfortunately they seem to never ID.  I never did hear 6010, but 9745U came in at good level.  Initially at fair level, but steadilly improving.  Nonstop Arabic music.  No IDs noted and no announcement/time pips/IS at 06:00.  Occasionally marred by a bubble/gurgling sound which is intermittent...?OTH radar, or digital data transmission of some sort?  Wish they'd ID!. (Salmaniw, Kremenchuk, Ukraine)

BELARUS 6010, 0437-, Belarussian Radio domestic services Jul 04 I did a bandscan of the Belarussian radio transmitters and found the situation much as it had been last summer.  This is what's heard: 6010  BR1 Brest 5kw (fair to good), 6070 BR1 Brest 5kw (poor to fair with lots of splatter), 6080 BR1 Minsk 150 kw (good to very good), 6115 BR1 Minsk 75 kw (good), 7110 BR1 Hrodna 5 kw (good to excellent), 11930 BR1 Minsk ?75 kw (poor with het).  BR1 presented the weather at 04:40, and then ads (Reklama), followed by multiple IDs for 'Radio Facts' or 'Fax'....I'm not sure which.   BR2 is solely represented by 7265 Hrodna 5 kw at good level. (Salmaniw, Kremenchuk, Ukraine)

ETHIOPIA 5970, 0357-, Voice of Tigray Revolution Jul 04 A presumed logging with and IS and ID in local language at fair level.  I'll have to check the IS against what's on the web.  This is my first logging from Vlad Titarev's dx location in Kremenchuk, Ukraine.  This city is located on the Dnipro (Dnieper) River several hundred km south of the capital Kyiv (Kiev).  I was able to use his AOR 7030 and Toshiba laptop.  Thanks for the hospitality, Vlad!. (Salmaniw, Kremenchuk, Ukraine)

ITALY 9710, 0415-, RAI Jul 04 One of my tasks while travelling in Europe was to monitor as many broadcasts in Ukrainian as possible.  RAI has to have the driest presenters of any station.  The same monotoned male announcer drones on, and thankfully the program is very short....news only, and then Italian music....all in just 20 minutes or so.  9710 at excellent level, // 11830 good with a het, and listed 6135 not heard.  News from 0405 to 0417, and then Italian music until the end of the program at 07:25. (Salmaniw, Kremenchuk, Ukraine)

NEW ZEALAND 15720, 0420-, RNZI Jul 04 I had DRM listed in my notes for RNZI, but they were in AM at good level with a National Radio sports program.  Always nice to hear them from so far away!. (Salmaniw, Kremenchuk, Ukraine)

--

Preorder your WRTH 2007: