[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs July 13-17

** CANADA [and non]. July 17 at 0625 I was pleased to hear CHU in the clear on
7335, no WHRI collision as had been the case for months starting at 0600. Did
WHRI finally relent? Next time I woke up, at 1050, checked again, and nothing
but gospel music heard on 7335. Perhaps a fluke; WHR online schedule still
shows 7335 in use at 0600-1100. At 0625, WHRI was also on 7365 and WHRA 7490 as
usual with different programming (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA. Looked for Firedrake against Sound of Hope, July 16 at 1354 from
14200 to 14600 but did not hear any while it was audible on 13970. Checked
again July 17 at 1425 and did not find it anywhere between 14000 and 15000
altho audible on 13970. Olle Alm had noted the 14 MHz frequency moving around
from 14520, to 14530, 14550, 14470 to 14410 as of July 14, closing in on the
20m ham band (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. CRI relay still testing 9570 transmitter, July 13 at 1424, very strong
carrier with trace of modulation, but that may have been receiver crosstalk
from KAIJ 9480; no spurs detectable against R. Australia frequencies; then
tone-test on and off until 1427* on 9570 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** ECUADOR. I finally managed to copy the text of the quotation from Albert
Einstein which HCJB broadcasts every day along with its totally incorrect
frequency announcement in Spanish at 1359:30 UT on 11960 claiming to be on
11760, 9745: ``El hombre encuentra a dios detrás de cada puerta que la ciencia
no puede abrir``. Cop-out. Fortunately, AE was a bit better with math.

Here`s a long string of AE quotations, in English, but searching them on
keyword `door` only finds one, and not that one HCJB uses:
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/albert_einstein.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. Afropop music jammer, 17660, fair signal with usual music, July 17 at
1330. Have not heard any trace of Sawt al Amal for months, but it seldom
propagated here anyway; others suspect it is off the air, but the jammer goes
on (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ISRAEL. I often look for Galei Zahal on 19m in the mornings, especially when
Kol Israel is audible on nearby 15760. But usually I hear nothing. July 13 at
1421, with BFO, I was able at least to detect a carrier on 15783.4, likely the
current variant of GZ (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** JAPAN [non]. Another example of the unneighbourliness of DRM: July 17 at
1326, NHK Swahili via Ascension on 17870 was audible but with heavy QRDRM from
Guiana French 17870-17875-17880, which starts nominally at 1300, but not every
day. NHK lasts until 1330, heard with ID at 1328 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Radio UNAM, 9599.3, barely audible with classical music in noise,
July 17 at 1322 check (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U K. This is the best place to go for Prom Concerts on demand:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/2007/promsbroadcast/radio/
Concerts here launch on your stand-alone Real Player, allowing more
manipulation than with the BBC`s player. If you bring up the Prom player direct
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/proms_promo.shtml it has problems (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Preorder your WRTH 2007: