[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs July 22-25

** ALBANIA. RHC blox 13750: see CUBA

** CANADA. Once again, CHU in the clear on 7335, July 23 at 0604, no WHRI, but
apparently they still use it later. Also in clear about same time July 24.
Could nightowls check when the QRM now starts? (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF
RADIO 1368, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA [and non]. Firedrake check, July 24 at 1350: fair on 10300, but not
audible on any other SOH frequency ? 9200, 13970, 16500, 18180 tho the last had
some noisy carrier on it, probably local origin. Did find Firedrake // 10300 on
11605. That would be against Radio Free Asia, Tinian in Tibetan until 1400*;
after 1400 no Firedrake on 11605, but something weak, in Vietnamese. That would
be RFA via Tainan, Taiwan, per Aoki, so not subject to jamming (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. RHC missing from 11805, July 24 at 1355 and later; instead heard
something in Chinese. That would be VOA via Tinang, Philippines, or more
likely, the Chicom jamming against it (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. RHC was on 13750 instead of 13680, July 25 from 1309
tune-in, until 1459* or so. I was of course checking for R. Tirana, 1300-1328
in English to NAm on 13750. RHC has done this once or twice before, probably in
error. Currently on their schedule 13750 shows Sundays only from 1400 for Aló,
Presidente. No trace of Tirana audible underneath. RHC audio was somewhat
distorted, and much weaker // 15190 also mixed with some hash, unclear whether
from own transmitter or not. Perhaps the lesson is to avoid ANY RHC frequency
24 hours a day. We`ll see what happens the next day (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. XEYU, 9599.2 or so, 0545 July 23, classical music axually coming in
well enough to enjoy, tho with some deep fades; pause for announcement
including government agency PSA, no commercials; into Wagner running past
hourtop tho het de 9600.0 underneath. F-layer propagation still pitiful; maybe
sporadic E accounts for this. However, XEYU was off the air again later on July
23, says Julián Santiago Díez de Bonilla in the DF, perhaps due to an academic
break until early August. And not heard here on July 25 (Glenn Hauser, OK,
WORLD OF RADIO 1368, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Solar-terrestrial indices for 22 July follow. Solar flux 66 and mid-latitude
A-index 4. The mid-latitude K-index at 0600 UTC on 23 July was 1 (6 nT). No
space weather storms were observed for the past 24 hours. No space weather
storms are expected for the next 24 hours.
(SEC via DXLD)

** U S A. Re KVOH reported missing from 17775 after 2300: I meant to check this
out sooner, but July 24 at 1839 they were on the air with a rather strong
signal, but with BFO on one could tell that the carrier is slightly unstable,
warbling. Some suspicious activity around 17920 and 17630, but could not be
sure these were its sporadically-heard spurs (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Once again I am hearing a het on Anguilla 11775, July 24 at 1403,
approximately 11777, and had not noticed it as I tuned by before 1400. Could
not detect any audio. I`ll bet it`s Romania, known for drifting off-frequency,
scheduled in Arabic from 1400 on 11775 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/

Preorder your WRTH 2007: