Re: [HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs February 24-25: CUBA correxion

Correxion: 6000 was not the announced Esperanto frequency at 2330, so my too
hurriedly composed CUBA item has been rewritten in second and third grafs.
Please replace with this:

** CUBA. More defects Feb 24 at RHC: at 2305 found 17705 in French; at 2323
also in French on 13760, but NOT // --- was one of them Creole? No, listened
carefully: regular French. Then I realized that I was hearing the same
interview, two speakers on both frequencies, but not synchronized. Focusing on
a key word, I found that 13760 was running 28 seconds behind 17705. But what is
supposed to be on these frequencies during this semihour? Per confusingly
laid-out currently-dated schedule at
http://www.rhc.cu/espanol/frecuencia/frecuencias-espanol.htm
both are supposed to be in Portuguese!

Then at 2329 I am tuned to 5965, and hear RHC ID in Esperanto and 2330 opening
program with usual list of times and frequencies for this weekly broadcast: UT
Sunday 0700 on 6000, 1500 & 1900 on 11760; 2330 on 6140 & 9600 --- omitting the
very frequency I was listening to, 5965, which had a VG signal! It`s supposed
to be in Creole. Esperanto also audible on 6140, but barely, in the skirts of
the DCJC and R. República on 6135, so a good thing it was also on 5965; and
Esperanto heard on 9600, but bad het from XEYU, and did not notice Vatican
Vietnamese at this time.

RHC on 6000 had special coverage, presumably replay of the earlier National
Assembly session designating Raúl Castro as leader, but underneath R. Praga via
Canadá with weather in Spanish at 2332, a perpetual collision.

The 6000 special, which on a weekday would be Mesa Redonda, was found // 9820
and Rebelde 5025. At 2338 this paused to play the national anthem. A woman had
been speaking, and then she introduced another woman, the youngest deputy of
all, an 18-year-old who swore in the 500+ delegates, who had racked up a 97%
attendance quorum. I wonder how many of them dared to vote against Raúl? (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Order your WRTH 2008: