[HCDX] The end of DRM?

Here's something that came like a lightning bolt out of the blue.  Can't say that I'm surprised, though.  I'm glad I didn't spend big $$ on DRM programs/or the few receivers out there.  Looks like there'll never be any either from the report.  Still, it was a little bit of fun decoding the very few stations using this technology.......Walt in Victoria, BC

Oh well. Looks like it's all over now ?!?!

 From DRM-List:

1. HFCC discussions on future of DRM
    From: Mike Barraclough

Message

1. HFCC discussions on future of DRM
    Posted by: "Mike Barraclough" <mailto:softbulletin1@xxxxxxxxx>softbulletin1@xxxxxxxxx mikebarraclough
    Date: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:04 am ((PST))

"From both formal and informal discussions among participants at the
HFCC, it is now clear that the proposed DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale)
system, that would have converted analogue Shortwave to digital, FM
like quality reception would hardly be implemented if ever on a large
scale, beyond the current experimental stage........there are no plans
from any large manufacturer to produce such (DRM) receivers now."

Full report, item 2 at:

<http://mt-shortwave.blogspot.com/2008/02/news-from-european-gospel-radio.html>http://mt-shortwave.blogspot.com/2008/02/news-from-european-gospel-radio.html

Order your WRTH 2008: