[HCDX] WHBC 1480 Canton, OH 3/29/08 DX Test still a go

Fellow DXers,

My apologies for taking so long to update everyone on this DX Test, but I wasn't able to talk with WHBC Chief Engineer Dale Lamm until today, plus I have been traveling all day and just now have made it to where I can work on e-mails.

After a lengthy and informative conversation with Dale, he feels it is best that we proceed with the DX Test on the 29th as scheduled, although he will be using WHBC's standard night pattern and power. He does intend to include special test features like Morse code and sweep tones, probably inserted during some standard breaks. This should still significantly improve the chances of hearing WHBC's signal at greater distances.

Thanks to Dale for conducting the test, and I know we are all grateful for him taking the time and trouble to air the special program inserted into their standard Fox Sports Channel fare.

73s,

Jim Pogue
IRCA/NRC Joint BTC Coordinator
Memphis, TN