[HCDX] Loggings for Friday

Colombia,(Harmonic), 3200.13, Colombia Mia, 0945-1012+ Noted steady music typical of Colombia.Signal was originally at a fair level but by the hour had dropped to threshold. This station was originally I'd by Bjorn Maim, back in January 2005, as a harmonic from 1600 KHz. The station being located at Crepe, Department of Antioquia, Colombia. Between 1000 to 1005 a female comments in Spanish Language. Comments could be religious from the way they sound. At 1008 singing is heard from a female accompanied by piano. Signal stayed at poor. (Chuck Bolland, March 28, 2008)

Bolivia, 3310, Radio Mosoj Chaski, 1012-1025 Noted a female in Spanish Language comments until 1013 when music is presented. At 1017, female gives live ID during
comments which I missed, but probably Radio Mosoj Chaski.  Signal was poor.
(Chuck Bolland, March 28, 2008)

Peru, 3329.61, Ondas Del Huallaga, 1020-1030, With QRM from CHU, noted music and Spanish Language comments from a male. At about 1028, notice canned comments from
a male. Signal was poor during period.  (Chuck Bolland, March 28, 2008)

Peru, 5039.17, Radio Libertad, 1034-1040 As usual the signal is threshold, but heard a male in Spanish language comments during this brief listening period until 1035 when music is presented. (Chuck Bolland, March 28, 2008)

Argentina, 6059.95, Radio Nacional, 1040-1100, Steady Spanish language comments from various persons. Many mentions of Buenos Aires, and Nacional during comments. Signal was good. (Chuck Bolland, March 28, 2008)

Malaysia, 7295, Traxx FM, via RTM, 1106-1130, With a male in English language news and sports news until 1110. At that time a female begins with comments. Later at 1115, music is heard. It sounds like live singing by a female. By the half hour, the noise had build to a crescendo making it almost imposssible to listen. (Chuck Bolland, March 28, 2008)

Clewiston, Florida
NRD545,

Note: Possibly we all have problems with the CODAR signals on 4 MHz, but I have found that using the Beat Canceller(BC) function on the NRD545, just about eliminates this nuisance to a point where ones ear drums aren't vibrating from the abuse and listening to a station is a lot easier. I set mine to about 19 using the commands provided in the operating manual.

http://www.orchidcitysoftware.com/IMAGE59.HTML   Free download

Order your WRTH 2008: