[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs May 30-June 2, 2008

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs May 30-June 2, 2008

** CUBA. RHC did it again, slow to turn off the 11750 transmitter at 2300 conclusion of Spanish to Europe, June 1. Instead, added one eighth of an hour in English, which is supposed to be on 9550 only, until abruptly cut at 2307.5*

Also, RHC 11680 is colliding with Spain! June 2 at 0110 I was hearing Castilian mixed with Spanish from two stations less than 1 Hz apart, and roughly equal strength. REE is scheduled here at 2300-0200 to South America. Commies vs former Colonialists! RHC extended usage of this frequency two or three months ago, oblivious of Spain, which of course is in HFCC while Cuba is not (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. VOI is back on 9526, after being on 9525 for a few days, and missing the day before. May 30 at 1318, xylophone music, Korean announcements, more bits of music. Why, o why? Are two different transmitters involved, one set on 9525, the other on 9526? Or do they deliberately think there is some advantage to broadcasting 1 kHz off-channel most of the time? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** LAOS [non]. Hmong Lao Radio missing from 11785, Sunday June 1 at 1322 check, just Firedrake and VOA Chinese via Thailand. O, there it is on new 11750! Not a spur either, as the 11785 transmitter had been producing for about a week, but right on 11750 alone. Rechecked at 1503, 11750 was still on with WHRI gospel huxter in English. I didn`t have a chance to check later in the day to see how long WHRI stayed on 11750, but at 2304 it was back on 11785, fortunately for RHC.

Is 11750 shown on WHR`s own website http://www.whr.org/Frequencies.cfm – of course not, and still not when rechecked at 0047 UT June 2. Angel 6 is now supposed to be running on 11785 all the way from 1300 to 2400.

Is 11750 on HLR`s own website http://www.h-lr.com/ No! Still shows 11785 Sundays at 8 am US time, as if we had only one timezone.

In fact WHRI 11750 is not to be found on any online SW schedule, yet? Not even EiBi just updated May 29.

Bad news for BBC via Thailand, supposedly on 11750 at 1200-1400, altho I could not hear any of it under WHRI, so there may be less interference for HLR in CNAm than there was on 11785. Or maybe it was a mistake. Or maybe it was a test (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SERBIA [non]. I did not have a chance to check for IRS on new 6190 May 31-June 1, as they had promised, but June 1 after 2330, 0000 and 0100 UT June 2, I could hear something on 6190 that was not there before; poor reception these dates, but presumably IRS, and no more co-channel on XEPPM 6185. At 0115, 6190 was playing classical music, and so was it when I brought up the webcast at 0125, in time to hear the lack of any announcement about the music (just disposable fill?), and the standard English sign-off claiming the frequencies are 6100 and 7240, which of course apply only to the European service, so we`ll never hear them announce 6190, as they never announced 6185 either. How convenient for them (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Order your WRTH 2008: