[HCDX] Mon Logs

Mexico, 6010, Radio Mil, 0840-0900  Tuned in with nice ezl music
followed by Sp comments from a male, then promos with many
mentions of "Radio Mil".  At 0852 back to Rancheros type music.
Nice signal at fair level.  Easy to understand  with good modulation.
(Chuck Bolland, July 21, 2008)

Peru, 6019.41, Radio Victoria, 0853-0900,  Again audible without any
interference for a few minutes, heard a male in Spanish language comments which sound religious. This wasn't the usual "weeping preacher". Heard him mention "Iquito" and "Lima" during his oratory.
On the hour, QRM from Radio Australia.  Otherwise Victoria was
at a fair level until then.  (Chuck Bolland, July 21, 2008)

Korea, South, 6155, KBS World Radio, 0915-1000  Noted a period
of comments and features in the Japanese Language from various
persons.  At 0958 the group gave their goodbyes (Konichi Wah) in
Japanese up until 0959.  Just before 1000 heard a male say, "KBS
World Radio" in English possibly.  Wasn't expecting it, so I could be
mistaken.  Signal steadily improved during the listening period to
a fair level.  (Chuck Bolland, July 21, 2008)

China, 6155, CNR2, 1015-1100 Hung around 6155 KHz after the above shutdown. Gradually Chinese faded in with female and male
in comments.  The AOKI says this is Beijing 491, which I assume is a
transmitter number in Beijing. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Anyway if that is correct, it is a very interesting designation to me. I
ran a search on the Magna database*  for CNR and saw listed a
other Beijing transmitters with numbers following: i.e. 572, 541 as well as 491. Also listed were numbers for other transmitting cities. Checked the recent WRTH and didn't see any of the numbers mentioned there. Signal never improved beyond poor.
(Chuck Bolland, July 21, 2008)

* The Magna database can be download at no charge at:
http://www.orchidcitysoftware.com/IMAGE59.HTML

Clewiston, Florida
NRD545

Order your WRTH 2008: