[HCDX] Radio Pridnestrovye on MW

Moldova - Transdneister Moldovan Republic

CORRECTION: The Radio Pridnestrovye broadcast heard opening at 1700 UT on 549 kHz is actually the EXTERNAL service. Mauno Ritola tells me it's on 999 kHz at 1700-1730 UT (as per WRTH), as well as unlisted 549 kHz. As you'd expect from a 500 kW transmitter, reception is much better on 999 kHz and Mauno has kindly provided me with a good-quality recording from it - this can be heard on the Moldova page of Interval Signals Online at intervalsignals.net.

Wonder if Radio Pridnestrovye's domestic service is on FM only now?

Dave Kernick

Interval Signals Online

Order your WRTH 2008: