[HCDX] Afternoon DX

Czech Republic, 11600, Radio Prague, 2045-2100, Noted a program of Spanish languages features and conversation. Generally the signal was
fair, but there was fading which degraded the quality.  (Chuck Bolland,
October 1, 2008)

Vatican State, 11625, Vatican Radio, 2054-2100 Noted  a male and
female in French language comments and news.  At 2056, some kind
of choral singing heard.  Sounded like religious chanting.  At 2057,
the usual  Italian NA heard briefly.  Signal was good.  (Chuck Bolland,
October 1, 2008)

Australia, 11650, Radio Australia, 2100-2108, With World news lasting until 2105, the financial crisis mentioned often. Signal was weak and there was loads of interference present. (Chuck Bolland, October 1, 2008)

Unident, 9635,  2130-2145 Steady African type music with French
comments by a male.  Music continues during period.  I want to call
this Mali, but I can't find anything where they are active these days? Well the best thing to do is stick around and maybe I'll get an ID on the hour? This music is giving me a headache; so if I don't make it until the hour, you'll know why. 2153 UTC, seven minutes to go.
Ouch!   At 2200 the announcer returns, speaking an African
language (non-understandable).  Didn't catch a signal word or phrase.
Signal remained fair.  (Chuck Bolland, October 1, 2008)

Clewiston, Florida
R390-A

Order your WRTH 2008: