[HCDX] Sat Eve DX

Peru, 4835.48, Radio Maranon, 0132-0200,  Noted a female in Spanish comments
with a male. Don't know the significance of this exchange since the signal is rather poor. But a recent notation for this station says that their signoff is at 0230, so there's plenty of time left to provide an answer maybe? It was unusual in its' tonal quality which made it seem significant. After a few minutes a third male
begins comments at 0136 which is followed by a brief promo and then Huaynos
music. Unfortunately, the assumption that this station would remain readable to
0230 UTC was erroneous.  The signal faded into the noise and could barely be
heard much after 0145, but the carrier was still on the air at 0200 UTC.
That being all I could hear, I dropped it leaving the above question unanswered.
I hope it doesn't keep me awake tonight, worrying about it?
(Chuck Bolland, October 5, 2008)

Clewiston, Florida
NRD545

Order your WRTH 2008: