[HCDX] DX Logs for Al Muick for 19 October 2008

[HCDX] DX Logs for Al Muick for 19 October 2008

QTH:	Kabul, Afghanistan
RX:	WinRadio G303e
Ant:	100m longwire

Hi All,

It was just a good night for Indian stations, so I decided to pick the roses
before they faded away:

4760  INDIA, AIR Leh, heard at 15.07 on 19 Oct. with good quality signals,
but deep fading.  Heard several telephone interviews, some traditional music
and caught a full station ID at 15.30.  I was SO hoping this was Port Blair
on the same freq, but I guess that will take some more hard core DXing!

4895  INDIA, AIR Kurseong, heard at 13.38 on Oct. 19th with strong signals
but deep and fluttery fading with station IDs, news and commentary and
subcontinental music.

4950  INDIA, AIR Srinagar, heard at 13.26 on Oct. 19th, with surprisingly
weak signals for 50kW and the closeness compared to other AIR stations being
heard.  Possible antenna orientation or terrain issues.  Heard with IDs,
excited talk, call-in show and pieces of music in between features.  Signal
became entirely useless at 13.44.

73s de Al

Order your WRTH 2008: