[HCDX] 580...Mega, Radio Monte Cristi

Heard an ID sounding like "Mega, Radio Monte Cristi, quinientos ocheta" then into a bachata. Strong, but with constant shape-shift fading distortion and WTIG just underneath. WKAQ-PR has faded away.

Nice, but not too exotic. This station, along with the absence of SPAIN-585 indicates semi-auroral condx, although the sun don't seem too excited...

I was hoping the Maracaibo station, but it was still nice to actually TAPE Monte Cristi. I never catched them on tape before. By the way, hurry up, as the MAXELL TAPES are almost done. If you still use cassette like me for airchecking your best DX achievements, you're in big trouble !

May the good DX be with you !
Bogdan in Pierrefonds (Montreal's West Island), PQ

Order your WRTH 2008: