[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 2, 2008

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 2, 2008

** CUBA [and non]. Now WWCR is getting hit by nonsensical DentroCuban jamming, on 5890, which earlier in the evening is used by VOA Spanish. Nov 2 at 0629 could hear jamming pulses under music which was undermodulated rather than overmodulated, in the Pastor Pete Peters service.

RHC, 13760 with unmodulated carrier at 1408 and still at 1425 Nov 2; meanwhile, very strong on 13680, and modulated, but bothered by splash from CRI via Canada 13675 which was stronger. Commies vs Commies! Still no sign of Aló, Presidente (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. VOI, day 17 on 9526 with hum, Nov 2 at 1308, VG with news in English about Bali bombers about to be executed, last-minute appeals (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** LAOS [non]. Hmong Lao Radio via WHRI, confirmed shifted one UT hour later to stay at the same local time in Hminnesota, Sunday Nov 2 at 1402, and still on 11785, referring to Thai newspapers about the political situation there; lots of English names and terms interspersed in the Hmong. A bit later back to the ethnic music we enjoy so much. So presumably it is now both Saturday and Sunday at 1400-1500; 11785 was off the air after 1500, but maybe on Sat it will stay on for Hmong World Christian Radio and at 1530 DXing with Cumbre (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NETHERLANDS [non]. Tnx to hams relenting at the moment, station in Dutch heard on 3955, Nov 2 at 0632; must be RNW and must not be from Netherlands direct. Think this is the first time I`ve heard them on 75m. It`s via Skelton UK at 0600-0657, 250 kW at 121 degrees. Seemed to be // 5955, via Sines, PORTUGAL, but too much from RTI/WYFR 5950 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SOUTH CAROLINA [non]. Brother Scare, fair on 13810 when I tuned by as quickly as possible, Nov 2 at 1409, just long enough to hear him boast of being on 12 SW stations plus many MW. This is via DTK, Nauen, GERMANY, currently 14-15 UT only, 100 kW at 120 degrees (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TINIAN. 5840, Nov 2 at 1428 with phone-in, a Chinese language, good signal. And 5855 with SE Asian song. These are both Radio Free Asia, Cantonese and Vietnamese respectively, one 279 and the other 280 degrees. Latest RFA schedule I can find on their website http://www.rfa.org/english/about/frequencies.html?searchterm=None
shows them altho dated August 2, apparently still in effect (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. I am never quite sure what will happen to the WWCR 3215 airing of WORLD OF RADIO on DST/ST change dates, as it`s close to the official clock-resetting time in the Central zone. Sunday Nov 2 at 0633 country gospel music was running, so I guess WOR had already been moved to 0730 even tho that is before the 2 am CDT/CST shift (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WRNO still heard mostly with gospel music on reactivated 7505, and extended to long hours. FCC B-08 schedule shows it available 23-16 UT. At 0637 Nov 2, MUF was falling and signal weak, but still there with two different IDs in a row, back to music; at 1307 back up to big strength with music. I wonder when they will get the daytime frequency going, 15590, available at 14-23, i.e. at 14-16 they could be on either. Oops: still going at 1607 on 7505, contrary to FCC authorization, which doesn`t seem to mean much, as other US SW stations are also heard on frequencies at unscheduled times (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Order your WRTH 2008: