[DX]: Orfey:n taustatiedot

This is a message from Per-Ole Stenman <per-ole.stenman@xxxxxxxx>

>At 14.04 10.6.2000 +0300, you wrote:
>>Radio Orfey vastaa hyvin oman osoitteensa kautta päinvastoin kuin moni
>>RCN-asemaa Kolombiasta. Vastauskirjeessa tosi väitettiin että asema
>>lähettää taajuuksilla 721,40 UHF sekä 1152 mF. Tarkoittivat varmasti 72.14
>
>Vastaa vastaa, mutta tarkoitin, että se on (saman yhtiön eri) OHJELMA, ei
>asema. Ihan kuten muuten R Retrokin ennen vuoden -97 loppua, ennen kuin se
>itsenäistyi omaksi yhtiökseen. Tai kuten Ukrainassa ovat Promin ja R MUZ
>samaan yhtiöön kuuluvia eri ohjelmia.

Täsmälleen, eli niinkuin RCN;  RCN Antena 2 -650 ja RCN Básica-770, saman
yhtiön eri ohjelma (tässä lisäksi sama osoite).

Joskus asemat itsenäistyvät, ja usein myös asema alkaa pienessä
mittakaavassa ja kasvaa, esim. Radio Radonezh Moskova, Radio Nadesha
Moskova, Radio Voskresseniye Lviv. Päinvastaiseen suuntaan on esim. Radio
Odin, entinen "suurasema" nyt harvinainen ka:lla jos tuo 1305 kHz enää edes
käytössä. Täytyy olla tosi ripeää että ehtii napata kaikki
asemat/ohjelmat/taajuudet pois.
Tässä vähän lisää infoa ko. asemasta, Radio Orfey, selventääkseen tilannetta;

State Institution
Radio Station "Orpheus"

Dear Mr. Stenman!
Thank You very much for the attention to ours music programs. Specially for
You we present information about our broadcasting station. We are glad that
ours broadcasts are interenting not only for Russian audience but for meny
foreign hearers else.
"Orpheus" is the unique Russian state non-commercial classical music Radio
Station. Daily airtime - 18 hours (from 6 a.m. till 12 p.m.).
Territory - the European part of Russia. Urals region.
Possible audience of listeners - appr. 10 millions.
Technical base - 14 transmitters. Frequencies in Moscow - 721,40 UHF, 1152
mF.
Classical music predominates: old and contemporary, Russian and foreign, of
various styles and schools. Its programmes propagate Russian and foreign
classic, sacred music, folk and jazz, classical operetta. Contemporary music
life is presented by transmissions from the concert halls all over the
World, surveys of recent events in musical life, meetings and interviews
with famous musicians.
One of the main activities of "Orpheus" is manufacturing of fond recordings.
The collection of unique audiofonds is steadely supplemented by the new
recordings, which are the part of specialy worked out programme.
Radio Station "Orpheus" was done the honour to represent Russia in the field
of classical music at UNESCO and to propagate the best creations of the
contemporary domestic composing school.
"Orpheus" is a member of European Broadcasting Union as well as more then 40
european countries, USA, UK, Canada and Japan are among them. We also have
the creative bilateral communications with foreign broadcast companies from
Canada, Netherlands, France, Germany, Hungary, Sweeden and others. The share
of the station comes to 85-90 % of Russian musical exchange with foreign
broadcasting organizations: that is the exchange of recordings, direct
transmitting from the best halls and opera theatres of the world - La Scala,
Covent Garden, Metropolitan-Opera, Grand-Opera.
The Radio Station carries out not only broadcasting functions. "Orpheus"
organized festival "Radio "Orpheus" presents..." with participation of the
best young and well-known composers, soloists and orchestras. In 1999-2000
concert season the festival will present musicians from other countries to
moscowites and "Orpheus" listeners. "Orpheus" also takes part in organizing
of international festival of contemporary music "Alternative" and
international festival of orthodox music. One of the main points of our
activity is the coordiination of the projects held by various Russian
culture institutions inside and outside of Russia.
Since 01.10.97 (this is the date of the International Music Day) Radio
"Orpheus" also broadcasts a daily news: the news of musical and cultural
life of the world.
We hope for the collaboration with your organization and we will be glad to
place at your disposal all our possibilities.
Please, contact us at the address:
Radio Station "Orpheus"
24, Malaya Nikitskaya st., Moscow, 121069, Russia
Fax: (095) 290-19-16
E-mail: orphei@xxxxxx

73s POS