From: "Ronn Gitschier" <wyhi_1570am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: per-ole.stenman@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: WGSR
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 22:02:50

http://www.nrcdxas.org/pictures

This is where some of my photos are. You may of seen some of these. I still
have to send one of me on the air as a Rock and Roll DJ. Sorry, no long
hair, I am in the military and they won't let me grow my hair like all Rock
DJs did in the 70s. Ha ha ha...

Glad you got your QSL and that you're pleased with it. I would be very
honored to have a copy of the program from your location. It will be lots of
fun to listen to. My son Donny is asking me to "take him to the radio
station". He's 8 years old and there is not a lot for him to do, but he is
very interested in going. Usually he is more interested in Baseball games
and Nintendo Video Games. The last test, my 15 year old daughter asked to
come, and I wasn't playing any contemporary music... but one test I think I
will let HER do a show of teenager's contemporary music, running the board,
powering the transmitter and talking up the music on the air.

The radio station is up for sale. Price tag is $550,000 US. They bought it
in January 1999 for $250,000 US. They upgraded all the equipment except for
the antenna tower.  I will make an effort to get more DX tests in before it
changes hands. We are planning to upgrade again to 50kw days and 7kw nights.
That will be most likely under a different company. The current owner is not
a radio man, he runs a moderate sized Real Estate Company in Kalamazoo,
Michigan, US. Selling both commercial and residential properties.

If you send the tape, please send it to my residential address, and not to
the station. I made a trip to the radio station yesterday (about 100 miles
during a two hour lunch break) and there was no reception reports from my
test. I think the manager has them in his brief case and he wasn't there for
me to ask. Our arrangement is for him to put them all in my mailbox inside
the studio (all the jocks have thier own bins for mail and so on). He almost
always takes them out of his briefcase when I ask. Mention the need to send
reports to my home to your correspondants there in Scandanavia, etc...

Take care, and good listening. I understand that the sun has reversed pole
polarity and is at it's peak right this moment. Darn, and I told my wife
that I didn't plan to go to the radio station for tests this weekend. Oh
well. She was surprised I wasn't going. Usually she feels a little sore that
I go instead of being with her, jokingly telling me that the radio station
and DX hobby is like a second wife sometimes. But she bears with it and is
understanding.

Take good care my friend. Remember to use my residential address...

73s

Ron Gitschier