[DX] Ei sittenkään pilailua

Tervehdys!

LEM 151-reissulla taajuus 1570 osoittautui todelliseksi kultakaivokseksi. Nyt kun superpower CKMW Winkler, MB on siirtynyt FM:lle (Upeaa! Mahtavaa! Ihanaa!), löytyi taajuudelta 7 itselle uutta raportoitavaa asemaa. No, tulihan taajuudella kuunneltua pitkälti yli 20 tuntia viikon aikana ... aina, kun se vaan oli auki ...

Yksi mukavimmista asemista oli ensiesiintymisensä Suomessa tehnyt WBGZ Alton, IL peräti 74 watin tehollaan. Innostuin aseman kuulumisesta niin paljon, että soitin sinne saman tien. Pettymys oli kuitenkin suuri, koska puhelimeen vastannut aamushown juontaja ei innostunut asiasta tippaakaan. Mistä moinen? Tässä selitys vastauksen muodossa!

73
Jim

Mr. Solatie,

It was great hearing from you and receiving the tape of the Morning Show, heard in Finland!
Honestly, we thought it was a joke at first, but now have realized our signal was at the right place at the right time on that date.

I spoke to you on the phone when you called, and since I was not used to someone calling so early while I was working, I thought it was a joke then as well.  I'm sorry if I seemed a little rushed, but I was about to go back on the air when you called.

Anyway, we here at WBGZ are very excited to learn that you heard us, and will be glad to send a letter shortly to verify that we received your tape and letter. I am also interested in learning more about your radio club, and how many other radio stations you have heard.   I would also like to set up an interview with you, over the phone, and do a news story on you hearing us in Finland.  I think it would be of great interest to our listeners here in Illinois.  Along with our coming letter, we'll try to send some information about our area, incase you ever decide to travel in this part of the United States.

Our radio Station also has a web site, www.wbgzradio.com . On it, you will find out more about the station, and see pictures of the staff, including myself and Brent Burklund, my morning show partner.

So, let me know if an interview would be possible, and when it would be most convenient for you.

Thanks again!
Mark Ellebracht