[DX] Lisää häiriöitä....

RENEWED SOLAR FLARING EXPECTED

After the previous record active two week period of solar, space and
geomagnetic weather I took the opportunity to ignore it all while all
was relatively quiet during the past week plus. The minor Kp-5 to
occasionally moderate Kp-6 geomagnetic storming of the past few days
has been related to geoeffective Coronal Hole #66. This particular
Coronal Hole created major havoc with Earth's magnetic field in it's
earlier carnations as #063 Kp-7 Ap-106 and #059 Kp-7 Ap-129. It's
unfortunate but Coronal Hole producing geomagnetic storms are far more
common on the downside of a solar cycle and more promise to delay
consistently good propagation conditions.

That was the good news. The bad is that Sunspot group #10484, one of
the big three to create major havoc 1-2 weeks ago will rotate around
the east limb of our Sun today, followed thereafter by #10486. It's
doubtful that we will see an exact repeat of numerous X class solar
flares, Kp's of 9 and Ap's of 400. However the groups have been very
active while out of view
http://soi.stanford.edu/data/farside/gifs_2/2003.11.11_12h:00m:00s.gif
and more large solar flares, energetic elevated proton events, coronal
mass ejections (CME's) and geomagnetic storming are probable.

By the way it's not well known but high solar activity does impact
sensible tropospheric weather by raising thickness heights in mid and
low latitudes. End result is a displacement of semi permanent pressure
systems and warmer winter weather and summer drought. Just one of the
many shorter term patterns that gives the false appearance of global
warming. 73, (Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF, Plant City, FL, USA, Nov 13,
Cumbre DX via DXLD)