[DX] 1570khz AND 970khz Testing by Ron Gitschier

[DX] 1570khz AND 970khz Testing by Ron Gitschier

Dear Per-Ole, (and DX-List): Hello, how have you been Per-Ole? I hope this note finds everyone in good health and spirits. This note is to let you know that the station you knew as "WGSR 1570", now "WVOJ 1570" Fernandina Beach, Florida, and also 970khz WNNR Jacksonville, Florida will conduct a transmitter test on Sunday, March 14th, 2004 for one hour starting at midnight Eastern Time (US). It will run from Midnight until 1AM local time. The test audio will have lots of tones, morse code and other related things... plenty of IDs. The normal programming is Sports Talk (We are an affiliate of Sporting News Radio Network) The tests, which will run simultaneously (both stations) will be on daytime power. 1570 will be 10kw nondirectional, and 970 will be 1kw directional (a broad null toward the north-west). The program will be pre-recorded, so no one will likely be present to take telephone calls. However, messages may be left with Mr. Bernie Daigle (Day-gul) at extention 206 on our answering machine system. Correct reception reports (with recording, and return postage, please) will be QSL'd 100%. They may be mailed to:
Ron Gitschier, Engineering Department
WNNR 970 - WVOJ 1570 Radio
8384 Baymeadows Road, Suite 1
Jacksonville, FL, USA, 32256 Telephone: 904-739-3660, extention #206. E-mail remarks about reception should be directed to two addresses, wgsr1570@xxxxxxxxxxx and bernieradio1@xxxxxxx Good luck and best of DX conditions this Sunday Morning coming up. Sincerely,
Ron Gitschier
Jacksonville, Florida
WNNR Engineering Technical Assistant