[DX] Unid 6917v, afro?

On 17 Dec 2007 noted a rather weak, drifting station (AM-mode)
on about 6917 at 1830. Drifting mainly upwards with some brief
turns back down. Local noise level was high, but I think the language
was African accented French. Enthuastic male voice talking what
sounded like political (if not religious) style. Some short music bridges
(instrumental) but mainly talk. At 1857 the transmitter, then around 6921,
made a sudden hick-up and signal disappeared. I heard a similar drifting
station about
two weeks ago around 6930, but then it was too weak and disappeared soon,
so I didn't pay much attention. Hoping this could be something new from
Chad, Congo or thereabouts. Or then some more common station with
transmitter problem. Worth monitoring.
Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski
Finland