This message is sent by ac665@xxxxxxxxxxx (Micheal Rea)
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> [...]
>
>You wrote:
>>
>>This message is sent by drputnick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>>
>>Comments quoted from two recent posts:
>>
>>"Sorry, but I do not consider this logging "hard.core", and I know you
>do not
>>either. Will you actually launch all contributions to this list, or
>are you
>>editing and filtering the material?"
>>
>>"The list is relayed list at the moment, so it is not moderated. I
>hope
>>everyone does "self moderation", ie. consider what is hard core and
>>what is not. If this don't work, we may consider making the list
>>as moderated list."
>>
>>To help this list get started in the right direction, do we need to
>clarify the
>>definition of hard-core-dxing in the faq?  I could interpret daylight
>reception
>>of PNG at ECNA as weak, and also as "information about .. latest
>conditions."
>>
>>It might be interesting to hear people's expectations of this list,
>above and
>>beyond Q1 and Q2 of the FAQ.  We may not be able to come to agreement,
>but at
>>least then we'll understand each other.
>>
>>--
>>Don Putnick
>>drputnick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>--
>>Redistribution of the material is not allowed without permission of
>>original poster or Kotanet Communications Ltd. Contributions to the
>>list are very welcome to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>For more information about hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx email to
>>owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>--
>>

>Hard-core-DX is going to vary quite a bit from place to place.  I have
>seen some MW logs on here from U.S. east coast DXers that would be
>nearly impossible here in the midwest U.S.  What may be hard core here
>in Minnesota may be an easy catch elsewhere.  If and when I post logs I
>will post what I consider hard core for my location.  I am primarily a
>tropical band dxer living in a suburban location.  Some of the South
>Americans I get are tough by my standards but not tough for someone in
>say Florida.
>If this list tries to limit itself to R. Nibi Nibi at 1/10 of a watt
>and using a whip transmitter antenna the loggings will be few and far
>between.  I would like to see more of a Fine Tuning approach which is a
>bit more location oriented and deals with DX that while maybe not
>hardcore is tough for that area or rarely heard or heard at an unusual
>time of the day.
>
>My 2 cents worth
>
>Greg Renner
>Secretary of the Minnesota DX Club
>--
>Redistribution of the material is not allowed without permission of
>original poster or Kotanet Communications Ltd. Contributions to the

I agree Greg, Someone on the West Coast of the US is going to have a much
easier time with the Aisans ans South Pacific Stations then someone on the
East coast.  Those in the Southern US will have an easier time with South
Americans then those of us in the North.  Let alone those who live in say
Australia, or Europe, everything is relative and consideration needs to be
made to location, conditions, receiver, antenna, etc...

I personally find others logs to be very helpfull in finding new DXs for
myself, therefore in my opinion the more logs the better.  However one
thing that I have found lacking when people post logs to usenet groups, or
sigs is that they often leave out this important information, without this
vital information the logs are not worth much.

--
Michael A. Rea  (ac665@xxxxxxxxxxx)	| SWL Sysop (xx159@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Girard, Ohio       KA8STO         	| Youngstown Free Net