Radio Netherlands on 60 meters?

This message is sent by "Robert M. Bratcher Jr." <bratcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>From: mschaay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michiel Schaay)
>Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 14:52:29 GMT
>Subject: Radio Netherlands on 60-meterband
>
>This message is sent by mschaay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michiel Schaay)
>to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
>Some anti-DX news: from this weekend Radio Netherlands will use 4945 kHz
>between 18.30 adn 21.25 UTC for their English transmission to Africa,
>via a 100 kilowatt transmitter at Krasnodar, Russia. The Indonesian pro-
>gramme will remain on 4965 kHz from 21.30 to 23.35 via the Tajik site
>at Dushanbe.
>
>73's
>Michiel

That WOULD be DX to ME! Unfortionatly the broadcast is in daylight hours
here in the States. Maybe I might get it during the winter but not the
middle of summer. 18:30 to 21:25 UTC is 01:30 PM to 04:25 PM central time
where I live. Normally 60 meters is dead here during daylight. Right now at
22:59 UTC (5:59 PM my time) 60 meters is dead and 49 meters has some
stations but not as many as it will after dark. Any DXing on 60, 75, 90 and
120 meters has to be done at night. Of couse I'm waiting for VLM4 Brisbane
Austrailia to start coming through in the mornings on 4920 khz before my
local sunrise! Just like Radio Austrailia's english Asia service does now
every morning on 31 meters. I listen to it from about 6 AM central (11:00
UTC) to about 10 AM central (15:00 UTC) when it fades out. Please forgive
the time conversions. I live on local time even though I use UTC (and have
the clock) for all my SW listening.

Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
E-mail to:
bratcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx