Re: Info

This message is sent by Vance Tyree <tyree@xxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> This message is sent by Fabrizio Magrone <fmagrone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

... snip

> As an update to the "money" discussion about the Hard Core DX List, the WUN
> list, dealing with utility DXing and with 500+ subscribers all over the
> world,  had to switch to a new, bigger server, and now asks for voluntary
> contributions (1 or 2 US$) to cover expenses.  When out of money, they'll
> ask for contributions again. Lurkers and no-contributors will NOT be
> excluded from the list, although tips and money are always welcome, of
> course. This is one out of all possible solutions.

That is an interesting idea.  Since I am currently a lurker on the
Hard Core DX list learing a great deal in the process, I would be
willing to making an occasional donation of 1 or 2 US$ toward
maintaining this group. I would not like to see this group go away
because our most generous moderator is unable to handle the cost of
sending messages to a large group.

The only problem that I can see is how to transfer the funds. Would US
participants send a cash donation to a specified address? Would it be
necessary to send funds in a particular currency? I'm sure that this
detail can be worked out.

Any other reactions to this idea?

Regards,
	Vance Tyree

| Vance C. Tyree			Internet: tyree@xxxxxxx        |
| University of Southern California	Voice: (310) 822-1511	       |
| Information Sciences Institute	FAX:   (310) 823-5624          |
| 4676 Admiralty Way						       |
| Marina del Rey, CA 90292-6695					       |
--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx