This weeks loggings from the Ozarks

This message is sent by "Kevin K. Trummel" <ktrummel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

AUSTRALIA - Radio Australia via Brandon - 9580 - 0659 - ID @ 0700, EE Srvc,
             Weak but not bad for a mere 10kW! Oct12 (Trummel-MO)
            Radio Australia via Brandon - 9660 - 0710 - EE Srvc, Pacific News,
             Weak not bad for 10kW Oct12 (Trummel-MO)

BRAZIL - Radio Universo ZYE727 - 11765 - 0935 - Lengthy talk by OM Ancr,
          several mentions of Curitaba, Fair for 10kW, Oct17 (Trummel-MO)
         Radio Brazil Central ZYE440 - 11815 - 0940 - World News items by OM
          ancr, several mentions of "Palestina", Fair, Oct17 (Trummel-MO)
         Radio Anhanguera ZYE441 - 11830 - 0930 - Canned ID, Phone-Ins, OM
          Ancr, Weak but good for only 1kW, Oct17 (Trummel-MO)
         Radio Gaucha ZYE850 - 11915 - 0920 - OM Ancr, SAm & Brazillian News
          items, TCs, Beautiful Signal for 7.5kW, Oct17 (Trummel-MO)
         Radio Bandeirantes ZYE958 - 11925 - 0525 - Love Songs including one
          by the Beatles, Ads, "Informacion por Sao Paulo" Slogan, Pounding
          signal for 10kW, Oct13 (Trummel-MO)

CANADA - CRFX - 6070 - 1915 - These guys are a "High Nooner" here, the ONLY
         audible station on 49 Meters @ this time and good signals to boot,
         they are 875mi/1400kM from me. Oct13 (Trummel-MO)

INDONESIA: In the October Listeners Notebook, RPDT2 Buol was reported on 2
 similar but different frequencies, one I'm sure is a typo: 3232.5 or 3632.2
 which is the correct one? Also, RRI Tual was reported on new 6156.3, does
 this mean they have left 5984.3? Thanks...
 RRI Serui (t) - 4606.5 - 1120 - YL Ancr, Flute Music, listed 500 Watts, Fair
  Oct16 (Trummel-MO)
 RRI Jakarta - 9680 - 1140 - Lengthy talk by OM & 2 YL Ancrs, Piano Music,
  ID @ 1145 by YL w/ quite a few mentions of Jakarta, Programa Nasional ID
  followed by OM Ancr, into Pop music, Very Good Signals // much weaker
  9525 @ 1206, Oct16 (Trummel-MO)

MYANMAR - Defense Forces Broadcast Station, Taunggyi - 6570 - 1220 - Playing
           non-stop local Pop music some of which sounded "Western" if it was
           not for the vocals being sung in Burmese, signal peaked w/ my
           Sunrise, not bad for 10kW, Oct16 (Trummel-MO)
          Radio Myanmar, Yangon - 4725 - 1235 - Presumed News by YL Ancr in
           Lang, much stronger signals than 6570, Drums & ID @ 1240, into
           non-stop Pop music programming, starting to F/Out @ 1250, Oct16
           (Trummel-MO)

PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Karai National Service - 9675 - 0715 - EE Srvc w/ OM & YL
 Ancrs, Pacific News, running long tonight or extended sked, mixing w/ Brazil,
 Instrumental Guitar music, Fair signal, still going @ 0725 tune out & @ 0745
 re-check, Oct12 (Trummel-MO)

PERU - Radio Imperial (t) 6420.1 - 1135-1145+ - OM Ancr in Spanish, very weak
        and mucho utility QRM, with my command of the Spanish language an ID
        is out of the question, Oct17 (Trummel-MO)
       Radio Luz y Sonido - 6471.6 - 1040 - Andean style music, very lengthy
        ID by OM & YL @ 1045 "Para America Latina, Para....", Flutes, Pounding
        Signal! Anybody know the power? Oct17 (Trummel-MO)
       Estacion C - 6498.8 - 1130 - OM Ancr w/ local news, Trumpets between
        items, severe utility QRM which is a shame because it would have been
        a beautiful signal for 800 Watts, very long Echo ID @ 1134 w/ slogans,
        Oct17 (Trummel-MO)
       Radio Huancabamba (t) - 6536.0 - 1102 - Latin Music, OM Ancr, very
        poor signal, 800 Watts, Oct17 (Trummel-MO)
       Radio Sensacion - 6895.2 - 1120 - Non-stop lively local tunes, Great
        signal for 500 Watts, Echo ID by OM @ 1125 & back to the music, Oct17
        (Trummel-MO)

PHILIPPINES - Radio Liberty via Tinang - 11930 - 0945 - Talk by OM & YL Ancrs
               in Russian, Instrumental Music @ 0958, Radio Soboda ID @ 1000 &
               into News read by OM & YL Ancrs, Fair, Oct17 (Trummel-MO)

QSLs - CHNX Halifax 6130 kHz, FD Letter in 2 weeks for $1, Transmitter power
        is confirmed at 500 watts, v/s Kurt J. Arseneault, CE. This was for
        a Sep26 reception. (Trummel-MO)
       Radio Nederland via WRN via CBC via CKZU 6160, "Rejection" Card in 2
        weeks for $1, I guess the bizarre relay chain confused them!
        (Trummel-MO) Still waiting for R France Int to verify this relay...
       Radio Free Europe via Woofferton, England and Breich, Morocco 7180/9660
        FD Letter in 3 Weeks with a note saying this Bcst was only on the air
        for 1 week, v/s David Walcutt, Broadcast Operations Liason Officer
        Looking over the enclosed sked (Dated 10 Oct 95) RFE/RL is no longer
        using Breich, Morocco for relays. (Trummel-MO)

TAHITI - RFO Tahiti (t) - 15168.0 - 0528 - Audible from time to time with Pop
          music, no trace of // 11825v, it's interesting that my sloper
          would not even produce a carrier while my 20M Vertical w/ 8 radials
          made a drastic difference, their modulation must be low as the
          carrier level was quite good but there was very little audio, also
          strange was this was the ONLY carrier in the entire 19M band at this
          time, not even WWV/WWVH was there, weird... Oct17 (Trummel-MO)

UNID - 11764.8 - 0545-0630+ - Sermon by OM in SS, Station ID @ 0558 incl
        frequency which was all I caught, Religious music, into a lengthy
        discussion by OM & YL @ 0601, Faded bad @ 0629 but still there,
        I don't think this is WYFR, AWR Costa Rica? Oct13 (Trummel-MO)
       6513.2 - 1105-1115 - "Chanting" Music w/ Male Singer, OM Ancr, too weak
        and too much QRM/QRN to get a language, doesn't "sound" like a LAm
        station, Oct17 (Trummel-MO)

RE UNID JIHAD 54:
 9754v @ 0155 - I would think this was Radio Cairo, via Mokattam, the only
  frequency this Xmitter operates on, with Quran to NAf using 100kW. FYI, my
  data shows *0200 & no variable notation (Trummel-MO)
 4772v @ 1825  - is Mali, alternating frequencies with 4835v, reported // to
  4783v. (Trummel-MO)

URUGUAY: In the October 1995 Listeners Notebook, there was a report of
 a station called Radio Maldonado operating on 4970 kHz which originated from
 the July 30th AWR Wavescan program. I have no listing of this station, could
 someone supply a sked, Xmitter Power and QTH? Thanks...

USA - WGTG - 9475 - 2015 - Brother Stair is everywhere! This station has a
       good signal but the audio is still rough, ID @ 2059 in EE by OM Ancr &
       SS by YL Ancr 2100*, Oct15 (Trummel-MO)
      Radio USA - 6955 - 2230 - Repeat of last years Halloween show, "Real
       People are scarier than monsters" News, Ads, Wellsville drop, Punk
       Music, 2301*, Good signals, Oct15 (Trummel-MO)

Machines: "Classic" Collins R-391, Drake R-4B with a full Xtal deck
Wires: 4-30 MHz Multiband Sloper, 20M Vertical, 150' Longwire, 2' MW Box Loop
Stuff I Built: Antenna Tuner, Preselector, HamComm Interface
Accessories: Radio Shack DSP-40, Pro60 Headphones, Tape Control Center, Clock
             Sony CFS-1030 Amp & Speakers, TC-WR535 Dual Cassette Deck
Bit Box: 386SX 33MHz, GeoClock v7.0, HamComm v3.0, MaxFind v3.3 & Edit
Better DXing Thru Chemistry: Mr. Coffee & Juan Valdez
QTH: Springfield, Missouri "The Show-Me State", USA  (37.12N 93.17W)
Prettiest QSL: ZSC South Africa, the time station (It's a beaut!)
Ugliest QSL: KJES, Truely a "Chanting Inspired" design

 -Kirk-

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx