Christian Voice - Zambia

This message is sent by damico@xxxxxxxxxx (Giovanni D'Amico)
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hello to everybody

I am pleased to share with you the following QSL-letter I have got via
e-mail from the Christian Voice operating from Zambia. It contains a lot of
interesting information about their equipment and their working condition.

Best 73's

Giovanni

QSL - Verification of Reception

Thank you very much for your reception report which we have recently received.

Christian Voice is a charity, and has only a small team of staff. We have
been pleased, but surprised, at the number of letters from shortwave
enthusiasts around the world. As such, we have found ourselves at times
overwhelmed by the quantity of responses required, and we would like to
apologise for any delay incurred in answering your letter.

Radio Christian Voice is very pleased to confirm the accuracy of your
report, dated 25 March 1995 concerning our shortwave transmissions from Zambia.
It is encouraging to hear from those that enjoy what they can hear of us. We
pray that the Lord will bless you as you continue to tune in to the Voice.

For your information, Christian Voice is based 35 km South West of Lusaka,
Zambia's capital. We are on an 8000 acre farm, and the buildings here
include transmitter, generator, studio, production, technical services,
canteen, administration and multi-track recording studio. The site is full
of mango and jacaranda trees, and although still a building site, is nearing
completion. From our site, we look down over the farm to the Kafue river,
which flows into the Zambezi river and in to the vast, man-made Lake Kariba
and then over Victoria Falls.

We are right in the bush, about 25 km down a dirt road. It is a haven for
bird watchers, common species including the red hornbill, blackeyed bulbul
and blue waxbill. Aside from the farm animals, we see bushbuck, wild
tortoises and rabbits, as well as numerous snakes such as pythons and black
mambas on the farm and occasionally on the radio station!

Zambia is a truly democratic country, with multi-party politics, and is
positively following painful international monetary advice. It is presently
suffering, as is the whole region, from drought, but through careful
planning and relief work, it is hoped that the country will see through the
long summer months to the rains in December.

For safaris, Zambia is fast becoming a top destination for those wanting to
see "The Real Africa".  On safari, you'll rarely see another human being,
although you will see lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, leopard and many other
big game animals. Walking safaris are one of the highlights, and there are
many vast game reserves worth visiting, including the Kafue National Park
and South Luangwa National Park.

Christian Voice launched on 1st December 1994, and broadcasts at 100 kW
using a Continental  418 E transmitter and TCI log periodic array antenna.
Future plans include extending broadcasting hours and the launch, subject to
local permission, of an F.M. service for Lusaka.

Our programming includes gospel music, Bible teaching, general interest
programmes such as travel, health and agriculture  The programmes are mainly
made here in the Christian Voice studios are are made by Africans for Africans.
Our current broadcasting schedule is 0930-1700 GMT on 6065 kHz and 1700-2030
GMT on 4965

Thank you for your letter and we hope you have another chance to tune in
again soon.

Signed for Christian Voice (Zambia) Ltd:

Andrew Flynn
Transmitter Engineer

Date: 18 October 1995
Radio Christian Voice - Broadcasting the Gospel from Zambia
1200-1700 CAT on 6065 kHz and 1700-2230 on 4965  kHz shortwave
Private Bag E606, Lusaka, Zambia
Fax: + 260 1 274 251
Internet: cvoice@xxxxxxxxx

--